Senior Revenue Business Systems Analyst at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are seeking an strong IT Revenue Business Analyst with deep technical accounting background and experience working with ERP and Revenue recognition applications. The successful candidate will have good understand revenue recognition standards and its accounting implications and have a strong working knowledge of the ASC 605 and 606 (Revenue Recognition) guidance.
The qualified candidate will work closely with other members of the Business Systems, Accounting and GRO team as well as other groups to include Sales and Operations, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash teams. This role will ensure smooth processing of transactions using Zuora RevPro Application on a day to day basis and will also be responsible for system configuration, data analysis, exception resolution and change management.
- Manage and support various aspects of automated revenue management with Nuance Finance teams such as:
- Revenue data collection, data validations and reconciliation
- Daily Inbound Data reconciliation (Sales Orders, Projects, Contracts and Invoices/Credits)
- Verifying the revenue release and Exception analysis
- Application Configuration working with IT
- Manual Deferral analysis and data uploads
- Provide details related to Allocations, Adjustments, Modifications
- Report reconciliation, Period lose checklist management
- Period Open / Close processing
- Work with Business Systems and Zuora support teams to resolve production issues in Zuora RevPro.
- Understanding different revenue recognition business scenarios and accounting policies.
- Support financial close activities and identify opportunities to automate and resolve recurring Production issues.
- Manage systems configurations in Zuora RevPro application.
- Support Revenue Reconciliation Process as needed and review revenue reports for accuracy.
- Support continuous improvement and optimization of existing systems and processes.
- Lead Conference room pilots and UAT sessions with finance and accounting users.
- Assist with User acceptance testing and issue resolution.
- Develop user requirements, functional specifications and test plan documentaton.
- Assist with User acceptance testing and defect resolution.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Years of Experience: 5+ years of accounting or Finance Business analyst experience in a publicly traded company and/or public accounting firm with hands on experience with ASC 606 based software application.
- Strong accounting background
- Experience working with Financial ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP)
- Extracting and analyzing data from Financial systems
- Practical experience working with ASC 606 revenue recognition standards - system operations and data processing
- Experience with transactional, and billing cycles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Zuora RevPro
- ERP - Oracle e-Business Suite R12.2.9 (General Ledger, Service contracts, Order Management, Receivables and Project accounting)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.