Senior Network Security Engineer at Chewy
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Network Security Engineer to join our Information Security Team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will assist in the plan, design, build and support of the information security infrastructure at Chewy.com. This also includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing security technologies. The role will serve as an adviser to the organization on security best practices and how to mitigate cyber security risks. Additionally, this role will act as an escalation point to the Chewy Security Operations Center on incident response efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Day-to-day activities include the securing and monitoring of the infrastructure and systems that allow Chewy to achieve its rapid growth.
- Perform firewall administration and maintenance.
- Perform security assessments and review of networking infrastructure and implementation of new security-based technologies.
- Ensure that the security infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards to maximize productivity.
- Interface with members of the entire IT organization and business to manage security vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement, and support information security solutions.
- Work with the team on testing and enhancing disaster recovery plans for security systems to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and backup systems.
- Provide 3rd level support, lead incident response to security events, as well as assist with solving complex problems with many variables.
- Participate in 24/7 support and on-call rotation, including incident management duties related to security incidents.
- Conduct vulnerability management and assessments to identify risks to key assets that support Chewy’s operations and growth.
- Build out security monitoring and SIEM infrastructure to proactively detect security attacks and reduce time to mitigate.
- Provide support to other IT teams in malware remediation, mitigation of network and web-based attacks, and implementing proactive security controls into systems.
What You'll Need:
- Security industry certifications (CISSP, SANS, Firewall, or others)
- 5 years’ experience with designing, implementing, upgrading and supporting security infrastructure
- Strong security background and hands on experience with NGFW firewalls, IPS, WAF and other network-based security technologies
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP and other networking principles
- Proven knowledge and understanding on how to secure key IT technologies including Windows, Linux, Databases, Web Servers, Load Balancing and others.
- Strong experience with securing e-commerce applications and supporting infrastructure
- Strong understanding of SOX & PCI requirements and implementing data privacy controls
- Experience with endpoint forensics, malware remediation, and advanced attack detection
- Able to produce security assessments of applications and infrastructure to IT teams
- Ability to generate security metrics and reporting on incidents and effectiveness of controls
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands on experience with SIEM technologies or security event management platforms.
- Strong understanding of vulnerability management and implementing risk reduction plans
- Experienced with data center technologies, e.g. OTV, FabricPath, VPC, VSS, fabric interconnects, SDN and Virtualization
- Experience with DDoS mitigation and preventing Layer-7 Web based attacks
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Position may require travel.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]