Senior Network Operations Engineer - Managed Services at Vestmark, Inc.
A smart, dedicated Network Engineer who is ready to play a key role in supporting and improving the platform of a fast-growing SaaS company. You are excited about helping to upgrade to a state-of-the-art software defined network (SDN). You enjoy working with all aspects of network and related infrastructure components. Fixing and improving networking to improve performance, reliability and scalability is exciting to you. You enjoy being involved in all aspects of the platform, not just networking, but are passionate about the role that networking plays in the success of the platform. You're well-versed in existing trends, tools and best practices, but consider them a baseline to leverage and improve upon. You champion other people's great ideas as passionately as you do your own. You are accurate, focused and detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture.
You will focus on the network infrastructure, including monitoring and configuration management tools.
- You will be the lead on trouble shooting complex networking issues related to performance, capacity and scalability. This will require working closely with the data center network engineers, as well as VMS organizations responsible for configuring and supporting the VestmarkOne Software.
- Support key infrastructure components with focus on network infrastructure, including monitoring and configuration management tools.
- Participate in troubleshooting issues across the stack (hardware, network, applications, database, storage). Troubleshoot advanced system issues such as performance and reliability.
- Key stakeholder on new projects to redesign existing network infrastructure based on Software Defined Networking.
- Plan and manage projects to improve operational capabilities, address technology updates and build capacity for anticipated growth. Will need the ability to prioritize between multiple competing projects.
- Participate in 24/7/365 on-call rotation, that includes night and weekend shifts, and be able to resolve Critical System issues.
- Participate in cross-organizational efforts to design new solutions or improve existing ones.
- Contribute to the specification, acquisition, deployment, installation, configuration, and administration of new equipment with focus on network infrastructure.
- You will mentor and provide leadership for junior members of the team with emphasis on networking.
You have 10 or more years of experience and a portfolio that demonstrates strong skills in the following...
- Works on complex network issues; documentation, analysis and resolution of escalated tickets. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who exceeds with minimal supervision and works within teams using agile engineering principles.
- Designing, implementing, upgrading and supporting networking and security infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience managing co-located production Data Centers in virtualized and cloud environments.
- Design and maintenance of network monitoring and performance analytics.
- Configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and proxies.
- Vendor management and building relationships with service providers.
- Utilization of network management tools to maintain accurate network diagrams for design, configuration and troubleshooting.
You also have a good basic understanding of and a desire to learn more about...
- Storage systems using network infrastructure.
- Cloud technologies such as AWS and AZURE.
- High performance and secure network technologies.
- Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory, DNS, Windows Clustering.
- VMware network technologies such as VSwitches, Virtual Port Groups, VShield and NSX.
- Incident management and documentation tools such as Confluence and Jira.
Vestmark is a key provider of FinTech solutions with a growing list of clients that reads like a Who's Who of household names in the financial industry. Over a trillion dollars of assets are managed daily using our platforms. Vestmark is a consistent honoree of the Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work Awards. We have offices in Wakefield, Boston, and Chicago. The Vestmark Managed Services group is in the Wakefield office. We are a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the Vestmark Data Center. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of hardware, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to providing world class hosted services to our growing customer base.