This role will be responsible for overseeing all US office services, which includes managing workplace services staff as well as managing our Boston, MA and Raleigh, NC facilities. BitSight is a dynamic environment which values our employees and growing workforce, and promotes a healthy culture with company meetings and events. This position requires a high level of communication, vision, creative and collaborative problem solving and a propensity for continuous improvement.
- Facilities Management
- Single point of contact responsible for facilities management and will coordinate and manage tenant requirements and service delivery to ensure satisfaction.
- Plan and coordinate all installations and refurbishments (furniture, electricity, etc.) as needed for our US offices.
- Ensure that all locations are well maintained, clean and running efficiently
- Supervise facilities staff and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security, etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Review and negotiate all related contracts and invoices to ensure cost efficacy
- Manage Sublease arrangement
- Negotiate Insurance policies
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all lease obligations
- Monitor and negotiate lease renewals
- Manage team to obtain any additional office space required as well as related construction costs to make the new premises ready for occupancy
- Effectively respond to employee facility related needs
- Prepare appropriate reporting for company management
- Oversee company events such as Thirsty Thursdays, etc. and ensure they are set up for success
- Collaborate with Human Resources to implement policy changes
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested by management
- Administrative Management
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the office.
- Develop a team culture for staff
- Achieve financial objectives by anticipating requirements; budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Maintain continuity among offices
- Maintain office presence
- Proven experience as facilities manager overseeing multiple office locations, negotiating leases, finding office space and overseeing construction projects
- Experience negotiating insurance policies
- Strong people management experience with a desire to mentor staff
- Well-versed in facilities management best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong analytical/critical thinking
- Self starter; handles self with minimal supervision and is proactive
- Must have a great can do attitude, has an appropriate sense of urgency when needed, and takes ownership in areas of his/her responsibility