Senior Manager, Workplace Services at BitSight Technologies (Greater Boston Area, MA)
This role will be responsible for overseeing all US office services, which includes managing workplace services staff as well as managing our Boston, MA and Raleigh, NC facilities. BitSight is a dynamic environment which values our employees and growing workforce, and promotes a healthy culture with company meetings and events. This position requires a high level of communication, vision, creative and collaborative problem solving and a propensity for continuous improvement.
- Facilities Management
- Single point of contact responsible for facilities management and will coordinate and manage tenant requirements and service delivery to ensure satisfaction.
- Plan and coordinate all installations and refurbishments (furniture, electricity, etc.) as needed for our US offices.
- Ensure that all locations are well maintained, clean and running efficiently
- Supervise facilities staff and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security, etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Review and negotiate all related contracts and invoices to ensure cost efficacy
- Manage Sublease arrangement
- Negotiate Insurance policies
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all lease obligations
- Monitor and negotiate lease renewals
- Manage team to obtain any additional office space required as well as related construction costs to make the new premises ready for occupancy
- Effectively respond to employee facility related needs
- Prepare appropriate reporting for company management
- Oversee company events such as Thirsty Thursdays, etc. and ensure they are set up for success
- Collaborate with Human Resources to implement policy changes
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested by management
- Administrative Management
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the office.
- Develop a team culture for staff
- Achieve financial objectives by anticipating requirements; budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Maintain continuity among offices
- Maintain office presence
- Proven experience as facilities manager overseeing multiple office locations, negotiating leases, finding office space and overseeing construction projects
- Experience negotiating insurance policies
- Strong people management experience with a desire to mentor staff
- Well-versed in facilities management best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong analytical/critical thinking
- Self starter; handles self with minimal supervision and is proactive
- Must have a great can do attitude, has an appropriate sense of urgency when needed, and takes ownership in areas of his/her responsibility