What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse The Aisles
The US Strategy Team is growing to better support our great local brands and leadership team tackle the organization’s highest-priority strategic initiatives, identify continued near and long-term growth opportunities, and help shape the corporate agenda, working closely with the ADUSA CEO and US Leadership Team. Projects range from strategy development for emerging growth opportunities to long-term strategic planning.
This position will report to the Director of US Strategy with significant exposure to our various leaders across our Brands (Stop & Shop, Giant Martin, Giant Foods, Food Lion, Hannaford and Peapod) and Functional Leadership teams (E-commerce, Supply chain, Merchandising etc)
This is a great opportunity because...
- This individual will be involved in a variety of high-impact, high-profile strategy projects to deliver our growth aspirations
- This individual will have a material impact on the US growth strategy and planning process
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Standing up the team and operating model for the internal consulting/special project function of the US Strategy team
- Working directly with the CEO and US Leadership Team (USLT) to lead and shape major strategic initiatives, including: new customer centric and innovative growth strategies, business process improvements, and strategic partnership opportunities
- Leading a team of at least 2 direct reports to oversee and manage high impact, complex cross functional projects and initiatives that include:
- Developing and delivering data-driven insights for delivery to executive teams
- Testing hypotheses through analytical rigor, collaborating cross-functionally across the company to ensure inclusion and integrity
- Developing business cases and cross-functional enrollment for the financial resources required to successfully support initiatives
- Driving the annual strategic planning and integrated business planning process across ADUSA functions and brands
- Develop US market customer and sector dynamics and trends
- Identify key opportunities and risks for the overall US business
- Conduct financial assessments of various growth options
- Influence the Brand leadership team concerning strategic opportunities
- Develop and maintain a view of the ADUSA priorities and roadmap for development and implementation
- Lead team effectively across the broader US Strategy & Research organization and with business partners/stakeholders throughout the organization with limited oversight from US Strategy leaders
- Inspire and motivate team and business partners to deliver innovative and high impact initiatives aligned to the strategy
- Act as an ambassador for our strategy and as the primary contact for strategic queries
- Deliver key messages to stakeholders and escalate issues accordingly
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 7+ years of business experience with at least 3 of those at a top-tier management firm
- Bachelor’s degree; Master of Business Administration (MBA) or demonstrable equivalent required (specializations in Strategy, Marketing, Operations, Organizations/Change Management highly preferred)
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Experience in a customer-facing business environments
- Intimate knowledge of appraoches to build strategies and various supporting strategic frameworks
- Financial understanding of retail P&L
- Managing resistance to change
- Influencing leadership at the strategic and executive level
- Conceptual thinker and problem solver
- Highly effective communicator – especially when it comes to executive story lining and communications
- Team management and leadership
- Track record of successful delivery of large scale - cross functional / Brand development projects
- Good verbal and written communicator, bridge builder
- Excels at establishing and fostering inter-disciplinary relationships
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.