Senior Manager, Pricing and Packaging Strategy
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history. Today, we host automotive marketplaces in the US, Canada, Germany, UK, Italy and Spain.
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Manager, Pricing and Packaging Strategy to drive our Go To Market activities for new product introductions and international markets. We are rapidly expanding our offering to include a series of listing and digital marketing products such as dealer search (SEM), display products and social. Our international markets are experiencing disproportionately large growth with unsatisfied dealer marketing needs. This role would be a leader of our packaging, pricing and product strategies.
The candidate should enjoy operating at a big picture, strategic level and digging into complex quantitative and qualitative analyses. You should crave empowerment, have a high level of intellectual curiosity, enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity, and be proficient in developing business insights and executing. You will be comfortable working across diverse stakeholder groups including C-level executives, sales teams, marketing teams, product teams, engineering teams and data analysts. Experience in managing team members and a demonstrated ability to develop talent and support career growth are critical.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a thought leader on revenue optimization and Go To Market strategy including product packaging, pricing, discounting and incentives and new product launches
- Partner with the product, engineering, marketing, sales, sales operations and finance teams to develop and align resources behind your Go To Market vision then operationalize those solutions
- Identify opportunities to accelerate revenue growth
- Build tools to analyze and test new revenue models and pricing techniques
- Conceptualize and manage price sensitivity testing
- Develop new tools and capabilities for evaluating new market opportunities (e.g., surveys and qualitative research, competitive research and rapid market testing tools)
- Develop a system for monitoring and managing pricing integrity and the financial health of our products and markets
- Desire to become an expert on various B2B and SaaS products, packaging and pricing models
- Be a talent management leader for your team and the broader organization
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MBA preferred
- 3-7 years of experience post-MBA (or equivalent), preferably including consulting, investment banking and/or private equity experience and product or strategy experience in a B2B environment
- Experience in high growth organizations is a plus
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a proven ability to establish a vision and bring together diverse stakeholder groups
- Love for talent – hiring, developing, coaching and mentoring your team
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership, delivering a concise, data driven approach
- Experience in pricing and other revenue optimization fields is preferred
- Working knowledge of various data analysis, reporting and CRM tools and comfort in getting up to speed on new tools (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Looker, Tableau, Salesforce)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.