Senior Manager Portfolio & Leasing at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Senior Manager of Leasing and Portfolio Management is responsible for the development, execution, administration and disposition of all leases and co-working agreements for Toast’s global portfolio. Responsibilities include building an approval process for members of the Senior Leadership team with a business case approach that includes: market analysis of available options, validating space requirements and size, negotiating cost effective space solutions and communication financial impact and obligations over the term of the commitments. Additional portfolio strategy responsibilities include building long term real estate strategies by region for our Toast businesses and identifying new locations for growth.
About this roll*:
- Understand the commercial real estate markets where Toast is located and operates businesses. Develop an annual Real Estate market overview that highlights market opportunities and risks to be considered in portfolio planning.
- Manage the location and site selection process; coordinating with Business Leadership to gather site and space needs. Manage all RFP activities in conjunction with broker partners for the acquisition of space.
- Integrate the due diligence process with the facilities and project management team to assess properties for delivery and occupancy needs and make lease recommendations.
- Build a lease approval and decision support process for the review of all business cases associated with the acquisition and disposition of space including complete financial investment analysis over the term.
- Act as the main liaison with Toast’s legal department to assure the proper review of all leasing and space acquisition documents in accordance with Toast’s policies
- Work closely with the Toast Finance team to communication lease commencement activities and coordinate the initiation of lease payments, accounting and reimbursements from the landlord.
- Track all critical lease notification and execution dates to assure timely response and execution by Toast.
- Build asset strategies(own, lease, flex, evaluate, exit) and occupancy duration in support of business strategies.
- Identify and measure KPIs to measure the performance of the real estate portfolio. Establish/reaffirm annual real estate portfolio priorities and pillars. Build reporting and dashboards to share portfolio performance with senior leaders.
- Work with the Occupancy Planning team to build scenario models based on various headcount and demand assumptions to determine space needs in each of our markets.
- Oversee the lease management system maintaining accurate records and information of all Toast owned, leased and co-working properties, system wide. Communicate and oversee the administration and compliance of terms including renewals, terminations, expansion options, rent escalations and expirations in a timely fashion.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- BS degree in business management, finance, economics or a related field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in workplace design, planning, development and management of Real Estate construction projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tell a story with data.
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions, and team results.
- Experience managing a large portfolio of Real Estate assets
- Roll-up-your sleeves attitude with an eagerness to work in the unpredictable operating environment of a fast growing company.
- Adaptable and capable of supporting rapid change
- Strong influence skills to present and obtain approval on move options
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proactive in finding solutions to ensure team needs are met
- Detail oriented and understanding overall goals and strategies of space
- Software competency in Google Sheets, Slides, and Docs
- Broker’s license a plus
- ESRI, Tableau, Power BI or other business intelligence tools
*Bread puns encouraged but not required