Senior Manager, Infrastructure Operations at Nuance
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing a large cross-functional team of Systems Administrators, Network Administrators, and Data Center Operators spread across the US, Europe
- Strong background in process improvement and project execution as well as management of supplier and service provider relationships
- Drive consolidation and vulnerability management efforts
- Participate heavily in asset management and configuration management programs
- Partner with our Infrastructure Engineering and Hosting Operations teams as well as our Site Reliability Engineering teams
- Results-driven, highly skilled at consensus building, and capable of finding compromise while remaining relentlessly focused on improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (Required)
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience managing a team of operations and SRE administrators
- Experience establishing SLOs, evaluating the availability and latency of systems, and making specific recommendations for improvements to address concerns in these areas.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Attention to detail with methodical problem-solving approach
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment, as well as independently to support deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic team environment, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Great teamwork skills
- Previous experience in hosted environments.
- Demonstrated problem solving, capacity planning and operations process creation skills.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.