Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
This position plays a meaningful role in the development and administration of Bonus Incentive Compensation programs. The Incentive Compensation Manager will be a subject matter experienced in all areas of compensation including base pay, short and long-term incentives. This includes the annual plan design, system testing, data reconciliation and payment as well as customer service.What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance and HR to define annual Bonus Incentive Compensation Plans
- Ensure that the Bonus Compensation Administration is appropriately aligned with goals, financially prudent, properly authorized, communicated and implemented
- Leads all aspects of the development, implementation of competitive, efficient, and equitable US sales compensation programs for increased motivation, retention, productivity, and effective performance.
- Influence and execute sales channel leadership on sales compensation standard methodologies to drive achievement of our business goals
- Ensure timely and accurate compensation payments
- Annual Oversight of Sarbannes Oxley processes including review of documentation and leading audit efforts
- Stay up-to-date on trends and developments within sales compensation and recognition practices, constantly researching and implementing best practices as appropriate.
- Provide Quarterly Management reporting and trend analysis
- Supports ad hoc data and analysis requests
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of compensation experience
- 3+ years sales force incentive compensation experience
- Outstanding analytic skills and the ability to work with large data sets from multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience in designing commercial analytical methods
- Excellent presentation skills – present analyses/findings in a compelling manner
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate effectively with business partners
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle opposing priorities work effectively and independently within time constraints
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.