Senior Manager, GTM Strategy and Business Optimization
The Senior Manager, GTM Strategy and Business Optimization reports to the VP of GTM and Sales Strategy and has the responsibility of defining and driving specific initiatives to meet the GTM and sales strategy goals, growth and business performance objectives. Initiatives can range from strategic to operational, including defining account coverage and go-to-market models, strategic planning, customer segmentation, customer success and retention improvement, quota planning, territory planning, route to market, analysis of trends, regular review of key performance metrics, and formulating meaningful and actionable recommendations.
- Be a change agent - Identify, prioritize and manage key strategic initiatives to deliver both long term and short term company goals
- Measure and track critical initiatives. Collaborate with sales, customer success and business leaders to measure and optimize their respective business component.
- Lead key aspects of strategic GTM planning process across the business (territory, headcount, segmentation, route to market, alignment)
- Work cross-functionally to define problems, analyze growth opportunities and develop solutions, actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process and deep knowledge of industry leading practices
- Develop strategic and operational business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and execution plans to achieve the vision for the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- Work with cross-functional team (product, development, marketing, sales, alliances, corp dev) to conduct build vs buy vs partner analyses to execute on growth opportunities
- Provide critical insights to the business through analytics and market research as required
Skills and Background
- Strong academic credentials with 8-10 years of total experience
- Atleast 3-5 years of experience in the sales strategy, GTM and/ or sales operations function in a fast growing software/saas company is a must
- 3-5 years of experience in top tier strategy/management consulting firms advising tech and software clients is highly desired
- Global perspective and exposure to SaaS business models is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex, cross-functional strategic initiatives and working with Sales and Customer Success Leadership, CXOs and Board members is critical