What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Remote candidates are welcomed to apply; relocation to our HQ is not required for this position.
- Establish baseline understanding of the Marketplace strategy including Buyer and Grower perspectives; current sales strategy and tactics, 2020 and 2021 targets and objectives, and key challenges
- Complete Marketplace sales capability gap analysis and proposed plan to close
- Develop an education plan with knowledge required for them to confidently run Marketplace sales plays
- Establish full grasp of the Marketplace product roadmap and scope and a bias on what needs to be adjusted or prioritized
- Collaborate with North America Marketplace team to define North America Marketplace product roadmap and collaborate with the global Marketplace team to incorporate in the product development plan
- Understand and embody our mission & core values
- Understands the nuances of transacting grain from both the buyer and grower side
- Analytical expertise to “do the math” / coach our team on how to help buyers connect the dots between marketplace capabilities and the decisions they need to make
- Can convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Creative thinker: See’s how things could be not just how they have always been done
- Adept at identifying business pain and providing business insights
- Possess strong communication skills to overcome substantial objections from customers
- Able to work with uncertainty and with limited or incomplete data
- Able to work with scarce internal resources and a dynamic offering
- 5+ Years with consulting or investment banking experience
- Passion for helping growers make financial decisions
- Comfort using analytical tools such as Excel, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Specialty grain procurement experience
- Experience working in a team atmosphere with multiple stakeholders
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.