Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Manager, Employer Branding. This is a highly collaborative role requiring positive relationships across Talent Acquisition, Marketing and Internal Communications to build strategy, messaging and content to support recruiting and employer brand goals. Your mission will be to make CarGurus a destination for top talent globally!What You'll Do:
- Partner with the People and Talent leadership team to lead the development of the CarGurus Employer Brand Proposition (EBP) to elevate our brand reputation and attract amazing talent and inspire our customers and communities
- Leverage data/sentiment to help guide our employer brand/communications strategy, messaging and critical focus areas
- Develop creative and content strategy anchored to clear, measurable, business outcomes
- Identify media and activation channels (paid and non-paid), and lead campaigns to achieve talent acquisition goals
- Oversee development of content that builds the CarGurus employment brand
- Partner with a team of creatives that work on graphic design, photography, and videography
- Use data to measure performance and to synthesize insights that will drive ongoing optimization of marketing tactics
- Work cross-functionally with talent acquisition, DEIB and internal and external communications colleagues
- Manage talent brand budget and vendors, including but not limited to, LinkedIn, BuiltIn, Glassdoor, Indeed etc.
- Develop team member(s) through coaching, appropriate supervision, and feedback
- Experience in marketing, communications or related/equivalent field required, advanced degree preferred
- Passion for employment branding
- Keen brand intuition and strong story-telling skills
- 5-7 years of experience in cross-functional, matrixed teams, balancing a large portfolio of projects
- Outstanding communication, project management, and partnership skills
- Ability to navigate fast-growing organizations
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.