Senior Manager, Cloud Ops - Americas at Devo
Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Senior Manager, Cloud Ops - Americas is responsible for the overall performance and availability of the Devo Platform. The position is responsible for Availability, Performance and User Experience, Resource usage, Security and Manual monitoring of Devo's production environments globally. The position creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Strongly collaborate with stakeholders in Engineering to address production monitoring needs
- Strongly collaborate with Customer Success and Support teams to provide visibility and transparency via well defined and agreed monitoring KPI framework
- Build and run Devo´s global 24*7 monitoring operations
- Develop and/or maintain standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols
- Manage and develop staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline, and discharge.
- Ensure the maintenance of current projects and technology systems, and confirm that all reported issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement.
- Propose strategic solutions and recommend new monitoring systems and software.
- Build and maintain relationships with external advisors and vendors.
- Ensure that our business continuity plans are kept current and in compliance with our key-customers' requirements.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or any other IT-related field preferred. Having an MSc in addition will be considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral/verbal
- Good organizational and time management skills are needed. This can be shown through the ability to prioritize duties in the face of multiple projects/tasks and meet/beat deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills are needed to enable the operations manager work effectively with individuals across different units or even within the same unit
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have the ability to display a great level of creativity while carrying out daily work routine
- Possession of good leadership attributes and ability to work as part of a team
- A minimum of 3 years' professional experience in an IT firm
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in an IT management capacity, with proven experience in coaching and supervising junior staff
- In-depth knowledge of AWS, Azure, and GCP, networking, and data base fundamentals.
- Prior experience with a Cloud-based SaaS product is required
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred.