Senior IT Systems Auditor at MassMutual
Senior IT Systems Auditor
Boston or Springfield, Full-Time
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Senior IT Systems Auditor to join our Corporate Audit team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Senior IT Systems Auditor you’ll have an opportunity to function as an information technology risk and control expert, providing advice/mentoring to audit associates and information technology/business area management while championing compliance with standards for audit practices and procedures. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
- Provides effective leadership and advice to other team members and information technology management regarding emerging technologies and related risks as well as audit planning
- Demonstrates business acumen by functioning as a subject matter expert in multiple technical subjects
- Works independently, enthusiastically engaging clients and peers to complete value-added assignments within the defined project scope and timelines
- Demonstrates an intense can-do attitude and is able to work on multiple projects at the same time
What your days and weeks will include.
- You will plan and conduct the most complex, difficult and sensitive information technology audits including, but not limited to, general system controls, application and infrastructure controls
- You will conduct complex audits or projects, which may occur concurrently, while working in partnership with audit management, business management and other risk/control functions to ensure processes and internal controls are effective in managing business, technology and regulatory risks
- You will consult with information technology management on a variety of technical projects, including providing input in the development and implementation of controls
- You will conduct continuous risk assessment of the information technology environment and offer risk and control consulting and advice to Company management
- You will initiate and influence decisions affecting organizational issues and make recommendations, from a Divisional/cross-Divisional business perspective
- You will convey important information timely by advising business/technology area management in the implementation of corrective actions, to ensure a well-designed and properly functioning control environment
The skills that make you a great fit.
- 8 years of experience
- 5+ years of relevant technology audit/risk related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now, or in the future.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Demonstrate versatility in communicating up, down and across the organization by working with others and lead discussions with various levels of management across the enterprise
- 2+ years’ experience in a Big 4 or equivalent firm