Senior Global Distribution & Logistics Manager at Markforged
The Sr. Global Distribution and Logistics Manager at Markforged will be responsible for developing a best-in-class global logistics capability with highest level of service degree and unsurpassed responsiveness while improving productivity, efficiency, scalability, security and risk management. This role is part of the Markforged supply chain leadership team.
- Lead a team of talented logistics professionals by hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing an organization capable of building and maintaining the aforementioned logistics capability.
- Build and strengthen relationships with the logistics partners globally by leading regular business reviews.
- Improve the overall supply chain performance by proactively managing the KPI of the internal logistics team and logistics partners.
- Own the key metrics related to logistics, for example, Service Degree, First Pass Fill Rate, Inventory Turns, Transit Time, Backorder, Past Due, E&O Inventory, Logistics Cost, Departmental Budget Vs. Actual, Premium Freight, Warehouse Inventory Accuracy, Logistics Issue Resolution.
- Drive results by working closely with the logistics counterparts of the entire Markforged supply chain. This includes external entities (suppliers, contract manufacturers, forward stocking locations, distribution centers, channel partners, freight forwarders, customs brokers, carriers) as well as cross-functionally (filament manufacturing plant, order management, supply chain planning, procurement, finance and other functions as needed)
- Drive continuous improvement of processes by integrating partner systems, streamlining flow, creating operating procedures, building analytics, eliminating waste and implementing tools.
- Participate in Annual Operating Plan to formulate our logistics strategy and logistics budget. Deploy the same to scale the capacity in line with the growth of Markforged within budget and time.
- Manage multiple projects and key initiatives in the area of logistics and report on project progress regularly.
- Manage our transportation spend with our portfolio of small parcel, freight carriers, freight forwarders, and customs brokers and negotiate on behalf of Markforged. Manage fulfillment cost by negotiating services with 3PL partners.
- Support and execute protocols for Markforged to be in compliance with global export programs and be a point person for topics related to trade compliance and C-TPAT.
- Support Markforged sales cycle, managing efforts tied to order fulfillment, revenue recognition and any escalations.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably a minimum of 5-7 years of related responsibilities working in logistics, supply chain management or transportation operations.
- Previous management experience is a plus.
- Strong grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, & management principles.
- Strong understanding of LEAN concepts and demonstrated ability to apply concepts to daily operations.
- Strong team player with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of logistics, inventory software and data systems.
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally, about 10% travel in total.