Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
Toast is looking for a growth minded Senior eCommerce Strategist focused on Toast’s customer facing eCommerce shopping experience. You will work to ideate, scope, drive, and deliver on team goals working with cross-functional partners across the entire organization. Sitting in the center between Marketing, Design, and R&D Engineering as a Product Owner, you will need strong communication and organization skills to drive prioritization and completion of work.
The Senior eCommerce Strategist will be responsible for expanding Toast Shop functionality - optimizing Toast's customer facing eCommerce experience. This includes driving conversion rate improvements, providing a seamless customer experience and prioritizing new SKUs onto the platform. This role will also partner with Customer Marketing in developing marketing campaigns, enablement strategies, and in-product experiences that generate revenue through both Sales and eCommerce channels.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is always looking for ways to improve, and enjoys being collaborative. You must be comfortable navigating ambiguity and engaging across the entire company to drive business impact with a strong bias towards providing the best customer experience.
About this roll (Responsibilities):
- Develop a conversion focused and data-backed prioritized roadmap that ladders up to the overall company goals
- Act as product owner in a development scrum team, driving projects from ideation through completion and owning the eCommerce roadmap.
- Lead launch of new products through Toast Shop, acting as the voice of eCommerce in back-to-base marketing motions.
- Partner with Customer Marketing team to drive go-to-market motions to product releases and segmentation plays.
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Ops, Marketing, Product, R&D, Customer Service, On-boarding, etc to ensure end to end alignment on improvements and opportunities while understanding dependencies.
- Contribute to future vision of Toast Shop as a marketplace for eCommerce, Sales leads and product activation.
Do you have the right ingredients? (Requirement)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Has a growth mindset with a proven track record of driving web based eCommerce growth
- Experience working directly with developers, designers, and analysts
- Strong understanding of eCommerce best practices and tactics
- Uses qualitative and quantitative data to inform and prioritize roadmap
- Experience with different website A/B testing concepts and techniques
- Self-starter with proven ability to successfully kick-start new initiatives and to drive complex issues through analysis and resolution.
- Adaptive, resilient and able to succeed in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment- with proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience in Salesforce, Marketo, and Business intelligence tools including Looker, Heap and Google Analytics
- Experience with eCommerce systems and tools, Magento is a +
- Experience with Project Management tools (Jira, Asana)