Senior Director, Organizational Success
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?
We are looking for the Senior Director of Organizational Success to join the People & Culture leadership team at Toast located in our headquarters in Boston. S/he will be a thought partner across the Toast leadership team in creating and iterating on organizational models and practices that ensure Toast exceeds its scaling and growth goals over the course of the coming years. S/he will pioneer principles and strategies that enhance organizational effectiveness, identify gaps in capabilities within all major functions, institute decision-making frameworks and cross-functional operating models, and create and help implement robust management routines. In short, this person will make Toast a more effective operation for all employees.
The role will report to the VP People Success and will have the opportunity to support in the development and implementation of programs and processes that enhance the employee experience. We are eager to meet driven candidates who crave impact, thrive in ambiguity and want to experience a start-up in hyper-growth.
About this roll*
- Be an ambassador for the Toast culture - helping to ensure a high bar for performance and a trusting, collaborative and fun environment (and have a blast doing so)
- Partner deeply with all members of Toast leadership to create and implement new organizational models and effectiveness strategies
- Create decision-making frameworks to enable swift (but elegant!) alignment across teams
- Plan talent growth strategies alongside other People & Culture teams to identify and grow high-potential and future Toast leaders
- Institute new organizational planning frameworks to ensure we know our capabilities, our gaps, and what we need to do to close them
- Facilitate succession planning strategies, principles, and workshops within department leadership teams
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Lots of experience connecting organizational dots, building and growing leadership-level relationships, and implementing complex programs at high-growth companies
- Lots of experience building, re-building, and scaling teams from scratch at high-growth companies
- Love of developing individuals and teams to be high performing
- Proven experience developing programs aimed at upskilling individuals and teams
- Strong communications and change management skills