Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Senior Director of IT will be responsible for determining current and future Enterprise Infrastructure vision, operations and execution. This role will oversee the design and implementation as well as maintenance and support of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. This includes overseeing Toasts’ unified communication & collaboration apps, identity and access management, and end-user computing. This includes setting architectural direction for the organization and aligning to meet global business needs, ensuring flexible, modern technologies to support various compliance, privacy and security policies and procedures. This position reports to the CIO. They will lead the delivery of technology operations and services across Toast. The ideal candidate is an innovative leader with excellent analytical abilities and judgment who can set and deliver on the Information Technology team's technical objectives that support the company's overall goals. The ideal candidate will have deep experience deploying and supporting cloud-native solutions, and have had experience scaling the function and maturing operations to uplevel security, and ensure adherence to compliance frameworks such as SOX and PCI.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Provide direct leadership to distributed teams and first line managers located in the Americas’ and Dublin, Ireland.
- Build a high-performance team of employees and service providers to deliver a quality set of coordinated global services with alignment to standard processes, tools, and service levels
- Mature IT Operations processes and tooling: Incident Management, Support Management, Problem Management etc.
- Develop vision and roadmap for IT Infrastructure services such as Help-desk, Unified Communications, Collaborations, EndPoint Management, Identity and Access Management etc.
- Help mature the Corp Security stance, working in conjunction with the Security team at Toast. Build a roadmap and execute on security related projects.
- Oversee the IT build-out of new Toast offices, both in the US and internationally.
- Participate in SOX readiness assessment and establish appropriate ITGCs as needed. Drive maturing our risk management capabilities including disaster recovery and BCP.
- Develop and scale DevOps and Release capabilities to ensure high quality and secure releases
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities. Provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
- Interface with business stakeholders functional area leaders to define support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Ability to coach and mentor a team to deliver outstanding results. Development of and ensuring staff alignment to IT policies and procedures to ensure consistent quality of service
- Deep interest in technology trends and awareness of the evolution of enterprise platforms
- Proven track record of developing and managing IT Services and SLAs.
- Possess solid project management skills, can set and manage expectations well, work effectively with others, and engender a planning/proactive mindset within the team.
- 10+ years of progressively increasing leadership responsibility in IT Operations and services areas that include delivery of cloud services
- Proven ability to effectively lead and meet business objectives in a global, collaborative and high performance work environment
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise architecture in the area of IaaS, identity and access management (IAM), endpoint management, collaboration platforms and security technology
- Change management knowledge and ability to operate effectively in fast paced environment
- Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management and capacity planning in a fast growth environment
- Knowledgeable in compliance and information security
- Knowledge of a modern tech stack of cloud applications
- Excellent team management, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Business acumen with the ability to understand business priorities, operations, and IT enablement potential
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.