Senior Director of Growth and Enablement Programs at Rapid7
Rapid7 is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 8400 customers across 120 countries, including 48% of the Fortune 100, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com.
Developing meaningful customer partnerships is not just something we talk about at Rapid7 - it’s a core value in everything we do. From product development to sales, marketing and support, providing our customers with better outcomes in protecting and securing their organizations is our mission.
The Sr. Director, Growth Development & Programs is a key leadership member of the global Rapid7 go-to-market team, instrumental in developing and enabling Rapid7 team members, and helping us develop and deliver our growth plans. As a proven leader responsible for driving individual and team productivity and growth, you will be responsible for improving our go-to-market strategy, methodology, planning and enablement, as well as orchestrating cross-functional go-to-market initiatives across sales, customer success, applied engineering, services and marketing.
This is a highly visible leadership role that includes the setting of goals and objectives, effectively managing people and programs, and driving growth through training, coaching and organizational change across our global organization. If you are the type of person who sees opportunities where others see challenges, then this could be the role for you!
Go-to-Market Methodology (Plan)
● Work with sales, marketing, product and operations leaders to develop a go-to-market methodology focused on the customer acquisition experience that drives improvements in sales productivity, improved customer satisfaction, reduced churn, increased revenue, predictability, and greater employee satisfaction.
● Partner with sales leadership and sales operations to develop territory plan approaches for diverse sales teams to capture market opportunity.
● Establish and lead the implementation of short and long-term customer acquisition, adoption and retention strategies to deliver sales-related goals and programs.
● Collaborate across functional teams to ensure that methodology and strategy efforts support objectives but also incorporate clarity and simplicity to optimize execution.
Customer Acquisition (Execute)
● Work with cross-functional teams (IT, Operations, Product, Marketing, Finance) to incorporate the customer experience lifecycle into all processes such that dependencies are identified and friction is reduced for customers and sellers.
● Provide significant expertise and acumen regarding sales planning, pipeline management, and productivity.
● Identify and optimize efficiency in the go-to-market model to improve execution and reduce friction.
● Work with business analysts to implement territory planning that optimizes the sales methodology.
● Work with Information Technology and Sales & Customer Operations to unify processes and systems that drive the delivery of sales enablement tools including the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Learning Management (LMS) systems.
Growth Enablement (Develop)
● Craft and work cross-functionally to develop a framework that aligns with the Rapid7 growth, customer expansion and customer retention methodology and the core skills needed across roles to improve sales productivity and customer engagement.
● Build and manage a team to deliver, program manage and execute the Rapid7 Growth Academy, working across the Rapid7 customer lifecycle.
● Ensure that the program incorporates product, solutions, operations and sales contributions coupled with simple and practical adoption techniques to increase productivity.
● Continuously improve the program with creative learning, coaching and mentoring opportunities for new and existing Rapid7 team members.
● Lead cross-functional efforts in support of product and solution offerings to ensure readiness.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have 15+ years of experience in managing teams and initiatives across different disciplines to directly drive business results in a timely manner, with proven experience managing complex, multi-stakeholder programs, and customer initiatives.We are seeking someone with passion, energy, intellect and drive that can bring fresh ideas, an analytical mind and a dedication to growing the business, including the following experience:
● Significant experience leading software sales teams, including proven success managing and leading sales strategy, training and enablement, go-to-market programs, and top-line quota and revenue achievement
● Keen understanding of sales process design and related outcomes, including driving field programs, incentives, and promotions
● Diverse leadership experience, with proven success developing and training sales and customer success teams
● Strong strategic planning skills, operational excellence, and negotiation skills
● Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing and finance teams to create impact, and experience leading cross-functional teams
● History of partnering with strategic alliances, channel and sales operations, and marketing to launch and support growth initiatives to capture new market opportunities
● Experience optimizing leading sales and go-to-market tools, including Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
● Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles, with outstanding communications and messaging skills
● Project or program management experience a plus
● SaaS-based software solution experience is a plus
● BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MBA strongly preferred