Rapid7 is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9,000 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com.
As the Senior Director of Go To Customer for Rapid7’s Detection & Response practice, you’ll have the unique opportunity to grow and scale the Product Marketing function in a new growth pillar for the company. You should be hands-on and innovative, with high-growth B2B SaaS experience. This person will lead the charge in how to present our Detection & Response product and managed service in ways that tell our unique story in a simple and differentiated way. The GTC leader will help distill and communicate our positioning and value proposition, then work collaboratively across the company to align the entire team around it. We are seeking someone who is excited to take our D&R story to the market, engaging with both our internal sales team, as well as our customers. In 2020, your impact will be felt through the delivery of outstanding product and service launches, refined messaging, and the optimization of product/service packaging and pricing. If you are seeking a chance to tell a compelling story as part of a customer-focused company in a dynamic segment of cybersecurity with a business that is growing 50% YoY, then this role could be for you!
● Messaging Development & Storytelling - Work with the broader D&R Practice leaders (Service Delivery, Engineering, Product Management, Sales & Support Advisors) and your partners in Marketing and Sales to translate the product and service and capabilities into customer value. Translate this value into messaging that can be used across the organization, and with both business and technical customer personas.
● Customer Advocacy - Be passionate about helping customers achieve their security outcomes. Engage directly with customers and customer marketing to elevate our case studies, customer research and insights, and customer use case examples. Partner with Marketing counterparts to identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and drive thoughtful and relevant customer campaigns.
● Go-to-Market - Understand the various levers required to optimize across the funnel and drive market awareness, education, conversion, and adoption. Help advocate for what levers we should pull across display and awareness, demand generation, analyst relations, customer engagement, Sales, and Channel to yield the goals of a given campaign or initiative.
● Product Launches - Be responsible for messaging and execution of feature and product launch go-to-market efforts. Help us build scalable launch and go-to-market processes for releases of various scopes and sizes.
● Partner Marketing - Help us identify and evaluate technical partnership and co-marketing opportunities. Develop, nurture and manage co-marketing campaigns and relationships with relevant partners across the globe.
● Research & Insights - Be the expert on our customers and market. Understand and champion customer needs, pain points, buyer personas, and buying criteria. Become an expert on our product and services and how they are differentiated vs. our competitors. Drive creation of artifacts and enablements that align our business around these critical talk tracks.
● Analytics - Use your curiosity and data and results-driven mindset. Conduct quantitative analysis on market potential, customer usage data, feature testing, and campaign performance. Assist the broader team in developing matrix and dashboards to consistently understand the health and performance of our business.
● Content Marketing - Lead a growing GTC customer team to create relevant marketing content including sales decks, thought leadership content, blog posts, video testimonials and presentations, feature release communications, case studies, etc.
● Commercial - Leverage your desire to promote product-led growth and evolve our packaging and go-to-market motion to further drive this flywheel.
● Leadership & Teamwork - Be passionate about leadership. Take pride in the ongoing coaching and development of your teammates and consistently look for ways to make everyone better at what they do. Strive for understanding and connecting with people. Be genuinely excited about immersing yourself in the world of our prospects and customers, and understand that the quality of your internal relationships will determine your ability to lead and influence.
● Experience in cybersecurity is required.
● 10+ years in high growth B2B SaaS with deep expertise in product marketing and a track record of leading successful teams and helping businesses stand out in crowded markets.
● Experience in leading product marketing for both established products and markets as well as early-stage product incubation. Experience at both larger companies and startups is a plus.
● Highly skilled story-teller and communicator: proven experience in developing highly differentiated and high impact messaging. Able to turn complex and technical concepts into simple and compelling communications. Able to adjust messaging to meet the needs of each audience from business executives to technical security professionals.
● Charismatic leader: proven ability to influence others and rally them to a cause and/or take action.
● Team player: ability to work cross-functionally, with great communication and presentation skills.
● Outstanding facilitation and collaboration skills: asks good questions to get pertinent information, possesses excellent listening skills, invests in the success of others, and values their input and ideas.
● Creative problem-solving skills: understands root causes and acts with a sense of urgency and commitment.
● Highly strategic: experience and skill in leading complex, cross-functional initiatives, and product launches. Able to fiercely prioritize, develop clear expectations, and deliver results in agreed-upon timelines.
● Proven ability to attract, hire, lead and develop talent: effectively sets goals and creates an environment that sparks creativity, drives results, and fosters continuous learning and a positive culture.
● Prior experience leading the creation of collateral, videos, sales enablement, and other solutions-oriented content.
● Prior experience creating pricing and packaging in a product-led growth organization.
● Strong business acumen, understanding of a variety of go-to-market models, and predilection to be metrics-driven.