Senior Director, Customer Success (US. Remote) at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As a Senior Director of Account Management, you will lead a team focused on the successful adoption of Nuance Healthcare Solutions, guiding customers through their Nuance journey. You will work across customer-facing teams to ensure that a customer’s experience on Nuance Healthcare Solutions exceeds their expectations. You will deeply understand the customer’s business objectives and regularly engage with stakeholders across a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team to ensure we are helping customers achieve their goals.
The Senior Director of Account Management will be responsible for leading a team of customer success professionals across the US and Canada. This role will partner with cross-functional leaders to develop and execute strategies that drive the success of our customers, striving for zero churn and 100% renewal.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Strategic Customer Engagement:
- Accountable for strategic account ownership model, driving relationships at C-Suite level
- Implement provider champion network to support peer-to-peer adoption and customer advocacy initiatives to deliver customer wins, model customers, references and case studies
- Customer Success:
- Operationalize Account Management model to directly drive strong customer outcomes and ROI across all Healthcare solutions
- Implementation of Success Plan methodology across all accounts; Setting target outcome achievement for existing solutions for every customer
- Own program to oversee creation of multi-year roadmaps by customer to evolve solution portfolio and performance and meet long-term customer priorities
- Create strong customer engagement model of consultative outreach and partnership
- Accountable for adoption, utilization, and optimization of all solutions from across customer lifecycle to drive expansion and account growth
- Operational Efficiency:
- Define E2E engagement model for Account Management and ensure tight partnership with all Account Team stakeholders
- Identify training requirements to ensure Account Management team become certified in customer success methodologies, and maintain appropriate knowledge of Nuance solutions and Healthcare outcomes
- Voice of the Customer: product roadmap input based on client feedback and experience metrics
- Continuously demonstrate customer value:
- Create scalable, repeatable ROI and outcomes measurement model for all solutions
- Implement comprehensive monitoring and reporting of status against key adoption targets
- Automated alerting and coordination of intervention initiatives for any solutions not meeting expected targets
- Implement Customer Health Index to drive engagement plan for Key Accounts: regular, proactive outreach through pulse checks; success plan review with RoI analytics.
- Establish deep relationships at the C-Suite level to drive ongoing strategic partnerships
- Drive towards 100% revenue retention of Key Account portfolio.
- Support expansion of Key Accounts by driving and maintaining highest levels of customer satisfaction and advocacy, particularly at decision-maker and influencer levels of the organization.
- Act as Voice of the Customer: input and influence product roadmap based on customer feedback, outcomes-based trends and experience metrics; Collaborate with cross-functional leaders as a customer advocate to integrate client feedback and experience metrics into decisions on processes, products, and service offerings to improve client usability, satisfaction, and loyalty.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent required: MBA or Healthcare Administration field
Minimum years of work experience: 8+ years at Director + level; preferably in Customer Success role, or Healthcare leadership; Minimum 15+ years’ experience overseeing customer success or client management teams and organizations, preferably with strong exposure to SaaS
- Clinical experience strongly preferred, including Healthcare operating environment and clinical workflows
- Extensive Customer Success operations experience, including Success Plan methodologies and Customer Engagement tools and strategies
- Excellent analytical skills, including outcomes management and ROI modeling
- Deep understanding of Healthcare RoI, including Healthcare organizational design and dynamics
- Impactful leadership skills, including the ability to set a clear departmental strategy, drive urgency and results, and motivate and coach others
- Ability to handle senior executive relationships and navigate political complexities
- Communication: Compelling verbal and written skills; Influence key outcomes through ability to present complex information to multiple senior leadership level with a clear, concise call-to-action.
- Continuous Process Improvement: Ability to work within various teams to partner on solutions that are mutually beneficial and drive a best-in-class customer experience.
- Accountability: Fully accountable and helps drives an internal culture of accountability.
- Talent management: Strong track record in motivating employee engagement and high performance; Deep experience in talent development; Demonstrated performance management skills; Experience managing teams across distributed geographical locations.
- Collaboration: Ability to inspire, collaborate with, influence, across large distributed teams with diverse skills.
- Travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.