We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a key product leader, you will lead critical missions that drive substantial growth and help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
The customer journey is the complete sum of experiences that customers go through when interacting with Toast. As the Senior Director of Customer Experience, you will drive cross-functional process improvement and analytics across the full experience of being a customer and internally represent the Voice of the Customer (VOC).
About this roll*:
- Lead the continual development, prioritization, tracking, and implementation of CX goals and strategy
- Lead cross functional teams through monitoring, reporting out, and influencing improvement of customer satisfaction (NPS, CSAT etc) and loyalty metrics (Referrals, Retention, etc.)
- The individual is responsible for working collaboratively with multiple teams across the business, to design and develop process improvements to the customer journey - with a specific focus on automating steps in the journey to improve the cx and free up employees to do value-added work
- Delivers own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working with a program management framework
- Internal and external thought leader on customer experience excellence
- Partner closely with teams throughout the organization to build a culture of data-driven insights into Toast’s customer base and to ensure that the customer’s voice and feedback is central to decision making and communications that will contribute to investment decisions across the company
- Lead the effort on research and input strategy, including leading to effort to acquire data (interviews, surveys etc), analyze feedback and share insights and recommendations with business unit executives and other leaders
- Apply data analytics to customer understanding and reporting including the development and improvement of customer personas, journey maps, and infographics
- Keep abreast of key industry trends, research and recommend best practices, KPIs and benchmarks
- Must have good commercial aptitude and the ability to work within a complex cross functional environment. This is a high profile role, regularly working with the leaders across the organization and will be highly visible within the business
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 8+ years consulting, customer success, customer marketing or customer experience
- Experience successfully leading through influence
- Strong customer centric experience
- Highly analytical - ability to make strong financial business cases and priority decisions based on data
- Highly process oriented - ability to drive improvements in complex cross departmental processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.