Senior Certifications Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
We are seeking a Certification Program Manager to join Toast’s Customer Education team, to drive the strategy and execution of our customer and employee certification program. They will work closely with Toast’s Customer Success, Education, + Enablement leaders to define and continuously evolve the program to better support Toast customers, Partners, and the Customer Success team. This program serves to verify and acknowledge acquired skills and technical capabilities of Toast’s customers and employees.
This individual will be responsible for designing and overseeing Toast’s technical certification program, using industry leading best practices. As the face of Toast’s Certification Program, they will work with Customer Success to ensure certification is a sought-after credential by all Toast customers, a key pillar to Toast’s internal enablement strategy, and central to our Partners' enablement.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Plan and manage all activities related to the establishment of a new certification program from concept to launch and ongoing program management
- Work with Education, Enablement, and Customer Success stakeholders to define and evolve the technology vendor strategy, the certification strategy, and certification paths.
- Define progression for prescribed audiences by establishing repeatable exam development processes, including subject matter expert recruitment, job task analysis, exam blueprinting, item writing workshops, and technical reviews
- Guide adoption and promotion of Toast’s certifications both internally and externally
- Build and manage certification performance and adoption reports to inform education and enablement content roadmap
- Triage exam escalations, review and revise exams, act on user feedback
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- At least 5 years building and managing technical certification programs, including exam development, production, rollout, iteration, promotion, adoption
- Knowledge of modern digital assessment, proctoring tools, badging systems, and certification best practices
- Knowledge of learning theories and methodologies with the ability to apply them to instructional design and learning assessment
- Capability to logically plan and set priorities, take initiative to identify and resolve problems to produce measurable results with the ability to forecast downstream impact of decisions
- Strong communication skills in small, large and virtual settings
- Flexible toward dynamic change; calm under pressure and able to drive progress amid ambiguity
- Knowledge of restaurant operations and workflows/experience working in the restaurant industry a strong plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.