Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team
Drift’s Operations team sits at the center of all of our customer-facing teams, and we’re looking for someone who will evolve Drift’s internal tech stack supporting Revenue Operations, Sales, Customer Success, Customer Support, Partner Success and many others.
The challenges are real, and your solutions are limited only by your own imagination and ability to learn. Salesforce, Zapier, Tray.io, Snowflake, Mode, Looker, AWS, Python, Node.js and more are at your disposal for delivering meaningful results. We want you to bring your ideas to life and to have a great time doing it!
This role will be located remotely until at least June 2021. Post COVID, this role can be located in one of our offices (Boston, MA, San Francisco, CA, Tampa, FL) or remote.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
By 3 months you’ll
- Learn how we organize and execute work.
- Learn the elements of our tech stack along with the directly responsible individual (“DRI”) for each one.
- Ship many enhancements and fixes in Salesforce and beyond!
By 6 months you’ll
- Deliver your first major project end-to-end (e.g., NetSuite-Salesforce integration).
- Be contributing new and updated content weekly to the wiki.
- Become the DRI for one key system, owning adoption and health of that system.
By 1 year you’ll:
- Lead the way to promote leading practices for your domains of responsibility.
- Start to build a roadmap for your domains of responsibility.
- Deliver multiple projects quarter by quarter.
- Ship solutions regularly like you’re in the logistics business.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 3+ years of code development (i.e., Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Web Components) in Salesforce.
- 1+ years of relevant experience developing other internal systems (e.g.,MAS, iPaaS, BI) aside from Salesforce supporting GTM teams.
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- You are comfortable with code and are excited to develop not only Salesforce but also other parts of our tech stack.
- You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis.
- You can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow your skill sets.
- You love listening to customers, discussing the big picture with colleagues, and also diving into the weeds.
- You enjoy learning the perspectives of others.
- You are ready to make an immediate impact in week 1.
- You have a hacker mindset.
- You currently have or can quickly earn the Salesforce Developer II certification.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]