Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
Klaviyo is searching for our next Security Operations team member. As a SOC Analyst you will be able to help protect our customers, company, and data by applying your cyber investigation skills and threat landscape knowledge to triage and respond to security events. This Is a role for someone who is passionate about responding to security alerts, quickly triaging events, and working to bring events to resolution. Exceptional candidates will have the ability to automate portions of the ticketing triage and response process to reduce time to resolution.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Triage and respond to security alerts related to corporate and production systems
- Partner with Engineering, Product, IT, and other business functions to remediate security risks across the organization
- Apply emerging TTPs to our monitoring environment to identify new risks
- Actively participate in red-team/purple-team/threat hunting exercises to mature the security program
Experience / Education:
- 1-3 years experience working as a Security Analyst in a Security Operations Center responding to security events
- 2 or 4 year degree focusing on Information Security / Cyber Security disciplines (or demonstrated self learning / on the job experience equivalent training)
Detection, Response, Remediation
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, and effectively describe identified security risks.
- Experience monitoring and triaging inbound security alerts within a ticketing system, determining risk, working with owners to mitigate risk, create detections for future exploitation attempts.
- Maintain a general knowledge of common security vulnerabilities, attack vectors, methods, and remediation techniques (DDOS, Man in the Middle, Brute Force, SQL Injections, Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Forgery Request)
Intel / Research
- Experience with continuous monitoring tools, such as SumoLogic, Splunk, ELK
- Ability to analyze new risks using tools such as Hybrid Analysis and Virus Total.
- Independently capable of researching network based threats using standard tooling available on Linux systems.
- Experience with AWS services including EC2/VPC/Route53
Development / Scripting
- Ability to automate tasks with Python or strong desire to learn.
Networking / Communications
- Understanding of Networking - Routing / DNS / IP Networks / Major Protocols.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.