Security Operations Analyst at Acquia
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia’s Security Operations team is seeking an Information Security Analyst. In this role, you will be tasked with performing log analysis, forensic investigations, event monitoring, threat hunting, and other security operations activities.
You’re a self starter, who is passionate about cyber security. You stay ahead of the latest developments in the security industry. You trawl the internet, looking for the latest exploits and threats against cloud-based technologies.Responsibilities include:
- Perform security alert and event monitoring across all levels of the Acquia Platform.
- Security alert ticket triage and investigation, through to ticket closure.
- Complete crucial daily analysis tasks to help ensure Acquia’s sites and infrastructure remain safe and secure.
- Perform daily review of anti-virus alerts across Acquia’s endpoints and internal network.
- Perform log analysis and related digital forensics.
- Perform weekly and monthly audit tasks for Acquia’s security compliance requirements.
- Analyze internal vulnerability reports and perform crucial vulnerability management activities.
- Perform threat analysis of new CVEs, and track packages and software across the Acquia platform.
- Maintain a general knowledge of common security vulnerabilities, attack vectors, methods, and remediation techniques (DDOS, Man in the Middle, Brute Force, SQL Injections, Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Forgery Request).
- Continue to develop your technical knowledge and skills to stay ahead of the threat.
- 1-2 years prior experience working as a security analyst or part of a security operations center.
- Experience with continuous monitoring tools, such as SumoLogic, Splunk, ELK, or ArcSight is highly helpful.
- Understanding of web technologies. ( HTTP, DNS, PKI and Networking ) is critical.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following a benefit; Linux, Apache, Nginx, Varnish, MySQL, PHP, Drupal and securing cloud based platforms (AWS).
- Good understanding of cloud security architecture and networking principles.
- Security qualifications such as CCNA, CISSP, CEH, OSCP and GCIH are beneficial.
- Desire to become an authority in the role, demonstrating an ability to learn and a can do demeanor.
- Embraces additional responsibilities to fill in the gaps. Owns projects, accountable for results. Recognizing when it's appropriate to jump in and own it, and also when to provide support and collaboration.
- Adopts a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions, and compromises. Recognizes the common purpose of the team and respects team decisions.
- Ability to prioritize and track alerts and thoroughly communicate across a globally distributed team.
- Must be diligent, reliable, and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, initiative, and comfortable performing under pressure.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.