Security Consultant (Penetration Tester)
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 7,800 organizations across 120 countries, including 52% of the Fortune 1000. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.
Do you enjoy hacking custom protocols, implemented in embedded devices? Do you enjoy attacking networks? How do you feel about attacks against SAML? As a penetration tester on the Global Services team at Rapid7, you will help our clients improve their security posture through your technical skills and knowledge of defense strategies.
Our clients often present us with unique security challenges from a testing perspective. Likewise, we work with a wide variety of technology platforms and protocols. Beyond providing services to customers, you are encouraged to perform research and speak at security conferences.
But wait, we're not done yet. You will be working at Rapid7! We have some cool products and ideas and we're enthusiastic about them. Why wouldn't you want to be part of that? Send us your resume and let's talk.
You will be called on to perform technical testing against a variety of targets. These include:
- IoT and Embedded Device Testing (cloud, mobile, API, physical, network, firmware, and RF).
- Network Penetration Testing (wired and wireless).
- Web Application Testing.
- Social Engineering (on-premise and electronic).
Beyond delivering these services, as a consultant you will:
- Grow to support all security practice offerings in a pre and post-sales role
- Meet professional practice standards and demonstrate exceptional skill in core service areas
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Execute delivery work that exceeds expectations
- Understand the client's business and needs
- Participating in industry conferences and professional organizations
- Creating additional value for clients through continual insights and consultative advice based on experience with the client, their industry, established standards and leading practices
- 5+ years in an active technical security role
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- IoT and embedded device penetration testing
- Radio Frequency Analysis
- IoT penetration testing tools
- Modern penetration testing tools and methods
- Network security concepts
- Web-based application security concepts
- IEEE 802.11 security concepts
- Windows/Linux/UNIX internals
- Internet protocol suite
- Experience using interpreted languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Knowledge of compiled languages (Java, C, C++, Assembly, etc.)
- Social engineering techniques and tactics
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Be able to work and interact with clients of various backgrounds
- Maintain positive client relationships and feedback
- Be comfortable explaining findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of common regulatory structures and obligations
- Knowledge of common I.T. governance guidance
- Previous technical security consulting experience
- Fundamental or advanced understanding of electronics
- Fundamental or advanced understanding of radio communications and protocols
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related field
- Certifications such as GPEN, GXPN, GMOB, GWAPT, OSCP, OSCE, OSWP