Regional Manager, Inside Customer (Restaurant) Success at Toast
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
This individual will report to the Director of Restaurant Success and oversee a high-growth team of Restaurant Success Managers, totaling approximately 5 individual contributors (with opportunity for growth). He/She will sit on the Restaurant Success leadership team alongside five other Regional Managers and work closely with other leaders across Customer Success and throughout the broader Toast organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide direct operational leadership and oversight of a critical, high-growth region of the account management / Restaurant Success function. This person will work with other Restaurant Success, Customer Success, Sales, and company leaders to provide an exceptional customer experience across the Toast product suite after the sales cycle is closed. This person’s team will be tasked with providing strategic and consultative account management expertise to a portfolio of customers, while driving revenue growth, revenue retention, and operational efficiency initiatives to improve customer health, product adoption, and customer retention.
Our goal is to deliver best in class customer experiences while driving revenue, product adoption, and being as operationally efficient and effective as possible. The Manager of Restaurant Success - Inside will be responsible for driving success across the Toast product suite throughout his/her portfolio of accounts through exceptional people and operational leadership, and focus on customer empathy and success. Each of his/her individual contributor Restaurant Success Managers will manage a book of business, and be responsible for identifying and closing on revenue growth opportunities for those customers (upsells), retaining that revenue and preventing customer churn, ensuring success across those product wins (adoption), leading strategic discussions with his/her customers to align business objectives with growth goals, and building trust and rapport across their portfolio to be the go-to and market leader within the restaurant technology sphere. The ideal candidate will be a proven exceptional people manager adept at navigating a complex cross-functional landscape, possess a keen ability to empathize with and garner quick trust from customers, be a strong internal and external advocate for those customers, and have a proven track record of leading customer-facing teams through rapid change and transition. In addition, developing, socializing, and gaining alignment on innovative and strategic approaches to solve and plan for customer success is paramount. The ideal candidate is a hungry learner who gravitates towards issue ownership, accountability, and leadership. Toast is a rapidly-evolving and growing technology company that demands high performance and quick thinking and action from its managers. This is a hands-on position that requires both strategic and tactical approaches and capabilities.
- Manage a team of ~5 Restaurant Success Managers (RSMs) to deliver exceptional customer experience post go-live across the Toast product suite (with opportunity for growth).
- Exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue (upsell and retention), customer happiness, and product adoption goals for specified account portfolios managed by your RSMs.
- Constantly identify new and improved ways to deliver delight across our customer suite.
- Develop and implement innovative ways to work smarter, work happier, and drive employee delight.
- Act as the high-level point of escalation for restaurant customer concerns.
- Uncover and create opportunities to drive customer growth (revenue, expansion, efficiency, etc) throughout your RSMs’ portfolios through regular pipeline reviews, close-the-gap initiatives, and campaigns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to drive the highest levels of customer success throughout the organization and to our customers.
- Partner with Customer Marketing to help design and execute restaurant-specific marketing programs.
- Act as an advocate for restaurant customers, assisting your RSMs in resolving cross-functional issues.
- Manage the use of Salesforce.com and all related applications.
- Work with IT and BI teams to implement and improve reports, system rules & workflows, dashboards, automated emails, surveys, and more.
- Help drive an evolving company-wide culture of customer centricity
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
KEY REQUIREMENTS / SUCCESS FACTORS
- 5+ years in customer or sales functions
- 2+ years experience successfully leading & managing teams, ideally of 7+ staff
- Must have worked for a high growth technology company
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
- Minimum four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Love for developing people in a transition environment
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Creative, analytical and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an environment of learning and interacting with high-capability, high-energy people
The individual will manage a team of Restaurant Success Managers.
5% travel, primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.