As the receptionist at Markforged for our HQ in Watertown, MA you’ll be responsible for managing the front desk guest experience. You’ll assist with various vendor, event or product research efforts and will be a general go-to for questions for both visitors and employees alike. We are looking for a high-energy, “get it done” person who wants to learn and grow with the company as we rapidly expand.
Note: This will start as a 6-month contract with potential of being converted to full-time!
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the office, leaving employees, visitors and potential candidates with a positive impression of Markforged
- Own the reception area and set it up for success
- Be the main contact with our building management’s security partner in order to manage, coordinate and centralize all our badging requests
- Coordinate certificate of insurance requirements with vendors
- Create and distribute ID badges
- Work closely on maintaining a great relationship with our existing vendors and source new vendors for various requirements
- Manage shipping and receiving of all mail for HQ
- Provide exceptional customer service for all staff requests
- Manage overall aesthetic and cleanliness of reception area
- Manages the onboarding process on Day 1; greeting new hires, making badges, getting them set up in the room to start their sessions, walking them through the offices and dropping them off to their managers (after onboarding has concluded).
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- Must have 0-2 years administrative / office experience, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. We are open to someone right out of undergrad!
- Able to provide high-quality customer service
- Must have a friendly and positive demeanor
- Be adaptable to quick changes and growth
- Quick problem-solving skills, and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Willing to work occasional overtime
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.