Project Manager and Operations Lead
We’re looking for a hands-on Project Manager & Operations Lead to serve as the glue holding our team together. Marigold Health exists to give every patient with a mental health or substance use condition (~25% of all American adults) a place to feel heard.
The product is a mobile platform for chat group support with a natural language processing (NLP, the form of AI that runs on human language) backend that detects clinically relevant sentiment within messages, allowing providers to moderate groups without reading messages manually. We sell directly to providers and payors (insurers) so the most underserved patients can get 24/7 culturally competent support at no cost, while providers can see 7-10x as many patients with the aid of our NLP tools triaging outreach.
The current team has roots in Johns Hopkins, and the clinical merit of our work has been recognized by organizations ranging from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to the American Psychiatric Association. We recently closed a seed round with world-class VCs such as Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rock Health. We're already working with a range of providers, from a community substance use treatment provider, to a nationally-recognized psychiatric facility.
We’re seeking someone process-driven & proactive to join our founding team FT.
You’ll have wide latitude to ensure Marigold runs smoothly in areas ranging from early provider implementations to internal operations.
Our Boston HQ (Downtown Xing) has 3 working FT, with additional team members distributed. We value authenticity, candor and ambition.
What You'll Do
- Act as a force multiplier for Marigold by wearing hats in implementation, employee onboarding, research, business development, and marketing as needed
- Project manage early implementations with a high degree of empathy for all stakeholders
- Refine internal operations: document, organize, and automating the tracking of continuous experimentation on existing processes
- Work directly with the CEO to foster a collaborative company culture by proposing novel employee benefits and internal policies
- Negotiate relationships with vendors and service providers
- Hustle - previously demonstrated in a setting of your choosing - this role is highly background-agnostic & we're comfortable with a candidate without work history in our industry
- Able to learn anything, from anyone - you’ll be asked to pitch the company as a whole within a month of joining
- Interpersonal communication - clear, concise, and supportive
- Superb project management - tested planning and logistics skills with consistent attention to detail
- Preferred: 1+ years experience within an early-stage startup
Who You Are
- Incredibly high energy, but detail-oriented - nothing gets past you
- You’re motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice.
- You seize the initiative and thrive in an unstructured environment
- Time is our most precious resource and perfect isn’t always possible: you’re adept at triaging, prioritizing, and iterating
- Ruthless in challenging assumptions when strategizing, but act with conviction
- You learn quickly, and take pride in understanding the trade-offs your teammates face in their roles, as well as the larger implications of your own work
- You know how to glean insights, test hypotheses, and demonstrate results with limited resources
What's In It For You
- Shape the organizational culture of a mission-driven, tight-knit team in its earliest days
- Learn best practices from our world-class investors and advisers
- Push the boundaries of research and operations at a rapidly growing startup, with significant downstream impact on the product
- The opportunity to grow into a variety of leadership roles as we scale
- Meaningful equity as part of the founding team
- Competitive salary + perks + healthcare + mental health benefit
- Save lives by bringing support to those who would’ve never otherwise sought treatment
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). Unless we have diversity on our team and in our mindsets as we work together to move the needle on a deeply entrenched, systematic issue, we will fail.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.