Principal Security Systems Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As part of the Nuance Global Research & Development HPC Engineering Team, this position will participate in the creation and maintenance of development, test and production cloud resident HPC environments with a goal of high availability, fault-tolerance and scalability, as well as being responsible for designing, implementing, and improving security solutions & integrations across the GR&D organization. This engineer will join a team focused on the architecture and operations of global high-performance compute infrastructure, including cloud deployments, maintaining and enhancing infrastructure to align with Nuance’s global security and privacy programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with architecture and engineering teams to design networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements.
- Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for the server-based technologies.
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable software and infrastructure services.
- Work with the architecture team to design and implement a cloud management solution, potentially spanning multiple CSP and private cloud platforms.
- Will work with Nuance divisions which support Nuance Research platforms in large scale and cloud-centric environments, and will be responsible for the design and implementation of security services as well as participation as a contributor to security architecture.
- Provide security expertise to internal clients on topics ranging from security architecture, hardening, monitoring, incident detection, and response, as well as gap analysis for security improvements and critical controls.
- Act as a subject matter expert on cloud security, designing controls for hosted research environments ranging from IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Participate in the review and/or evaluation of information security products and/or services
Years of Experience: 7+ Years Enterprise Systems Development
- Experience designing and building Research-focused / HPC application environments on primary cloud provider infrastructure, including services for big data analytics, scale out HPC applications, GPU-centric ML and deep learning
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Ansible, Artifactory, Sonar Qube in a cloud environment.
- Proficiency with Linux system administration and with scripting languages for developing IAAS and automation tools.
- Ability to create and utilize cloud Formation templates to automate build processes, including image generation.
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead.
- Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics.
- Systems Engineering Background and experience working with R&D engineering teams
- Solid operating system security skills with a focus on Linux environments, as well as network security concepts
- Experience with securing environments on one or many of the major cloud providers
- Ability to work effectively and contribute within a team environment & agile workflows
- A proven track record of integrating different systems together to achieve security goals
- Multi-Cloud provider certified professional preferred
- Experience with technologies to include: Linux, Puppet, Grid Engine (or similar batch processing scheduler)
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience).
- Experience working within a HITRUST, HIPAA, or PCI compliant environment with required access policy and logging controls
- Previous experience in the HealthCare industry and/or with HPC Research Environments
- Security and privacy certification, such as OSCP and SANS
- HIPAA, CSC CIS20, NIST 800, SOC II and HITRUST experience is a definite advantage
- Efficiency with at least one scripting language
Education: Bachelor degree in Technology discipline, MBA a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.