Principal Customer Education Specialist - xtraCHEF at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
At Toast, we put our customers first. Members of the restaurant community have a lot on their plates, so when they have a question about Toast, we want them to be able to find the answer FAST! In the content specialist role, you’ll need to know the Toast product, understand the members of our Toast community, and know how to best communicate with them.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead analysis on customer engagement and care metrics in bi-weekly readouts.
- Identify big ideas with great potential for increasing engagement/adoption of Toast educational content.
- Lead Education Team initiatives such as content blitzes and special projects as needed.
- "Go-to" person for cross-functional stakeholders seeking customer-facing content in designated areas.
- Support sprint building and planning in JIRA.
- Proactively partner with customer marketing to drive the adoption of education team content throughout the customer journey and scheduled campaigns.
- Manage multiple internal and external project deadlines, while maintaining regular output of content delivery.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5 years of experience generating educational or marketing content
- Demonstrated mastery of writing, with the ability to support multiple audiences throughout various stages of their onboarding journey/customer lifecycle. Supporting content in more than one language is a plus but is not required.
- Writing serves as an example for customer-facing tone and voice. Responsible for maintaining and adding to Toast Central style guide and content governance.
- Bar raising organizational and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent self-starter with little to no oversight required.
- Excellent problem-solver with the ability to forecast downstream impact of decisions.
- Fluent in most restaurant concepts and understands multiple Front-of-House and Back-of-House workflows.
- Excellent content development skills using new and existing content development tools.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required