POD Coordinator at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People Team is continuously growing and changing! We’re looking for a smart, motivated team member with great organizational skills who is eager to learn and grow. You’ll provide coordinator support for the People and Organizational Development team, working on high-impact programs ranging from employee and leadership development to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives. What you’ll get in return is the opportunity to work on cool, impactful projects with a great team that likes to have fun!
This role includes a few key functions. The first is to support the moving pieces for the learning and development initiatives happening across Toast, including onboarding, manager development, leadership development and other training. They will assist with scheduling, content curation, cross-team communication and coordinating details surrounding each training. In addition, this person will be responsible for the upkeep, editing and creation of new and existing content housed in our LMS and posted on our websites. This includes meeting with SMEs to curate content, and use adult learning principles to help create any additional resources needed for the training (handouts, powerpoints, communications, meeting invites, surveys, etc.) This person will also manage our vendor relationships, contracts and billing.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Provide a variety of project and process coordination support on a daily basis including scheduling meetings, assisting with tracking project and program information, organizing project documentation, and other similar activities.
- Organize and maintain outsourced vendor contract documentation, track associated expenses and collect information related to vendor relationships, as needed.
- Assist with the development of materials and coordinate aspects of implementation for programs and events, including setting up web sessions.
- Contribute to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives
- Administer operational functions for the People & Organizational Development team and identifies areas for continuous improvement.
- Assist with training logistics and maintenance of new and existing content in the Learning Management System and on our portal.This includes meeting with SMEs to curate content, creating any additional resources needed for the training (handouts, powerpoints, online modules, etc.)
- Create, maintain, and audit training records, files, and effectiveness scores for the department as well as tracking key performance metrics.
- Support special projects as assigned.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1-3 years’ prior learning and development or instructional design experience preferred
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to communicate across various levels, both internally and externally
- Project management skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic proficiency with either Google Suite or Microsoft Office Suite
- A love of working within a team in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude, can-do mindset, and a desire to constantly improve
*Bread puns encouraged but not required