Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We are seeking a meticulous Operations Manager/engineer to join our Operations team and set up, monitor, and remotely troubleshoot Soofa Signs across the country.
This role will focus on keeping our fleet's of top-of-the-line IoT devices working and immaculate, with huge potential for contributing to the design of future iterations of our product.
- Manage day-to-day Soofa Sign fleet operations
- Identify and troubleshoot malfunctioning signs through our custom IoT sensor platform
- Create work orders and manage in-field contractors to complete sign repairs and key component swaps
- Collaborate with engineering on software and firmware issues
- Review in-field contractor work reports, manage the contractor invoicing process
- Troubleshoot devices in the lab and in the field using electrical and data analysis skills
- Produce failure reports, identifying emerging trends for maintenance
- Assist in implementing, maintaining, and improving electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems
- Manage maintenance inventory and spare part shipments
- 3+ years experience in a technical operations role
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and improving electrical systems
- Experience in using multimeters, logic analyzers, and current meters
- Basic understanding of data analysis
- Comfortable communicating with and coordinating remote work with contractors
- A meticulous worker; nothing delights you more than a pristine spreadsheet
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Curious and ambitious, excited to learn the ins and outs of Soofa’s product
- Love of working cross-departmentally with many stakeholders
- Warm, empathetic, people-first approach to everything you do
Bonus Points For
- Experience testing electronic boards using lab tools such as oscilloscope
- Familiar with command-line operations on a Linux computer
- Any firmware or software experience is a plus
- Experience hand-soldering low-pitch SMD components, including QFN
- A circuit theory/circuit analysis enthusiast
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.