• A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
• Experience with GDS, CRS, PSS, or other airline and travel industry systems, especially Sabre, Travelport, Amadeus, NDC, ARC, IATA, and BSPs
• Experience setting up, configuring, and maintaining PCCs/Office IDs is a huge plus
• Extreme attention to detail and technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
• Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (+Spanish preferred)
• A creative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
• A proactive, self-motivated work ethic
• Proven success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
• No ego. Dedication to doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Strong time management and prioritization abilities
• A customer-obsessed focus and positive, team-oriented attitude
• Excellent judgment and the confidence to make important trade-offs under pressure
• Aptitude to work in a dynamic, high-growth business that operates at a very fast pace
About the job
The Hopper Air Supply team is responsible for delivering the most compelling air travel inventory for our global user base. The Air Supply Operations Manager will ensure that Hopper builds and operates integrations with airline supply providers that can support our innovative product features and rapid scale in Hopper’s bookings. You will collaborate closely with product owners, engineers, account managers, analysts, customer support, and externally with Hopper’s technology partners such as airlines, Global Distribution Systems, third-party API providers, and more.
Operations managers take a lateral view of Hopper’s Air Business Unit, facilitating the swift development of products that rely on various types of airline content. They anticipate needs, provide strategic guidance, and configure and audit systems to ensure that each new feature has access to the full breadth of airline content and unique supply needed to power its core value proposition and deliver a meaningful and reliable product to our users.
- Work collaboratively to enable new types and sources of airline supply in new markets around the world
- Become an expert in Hopper’s backend systems infrastructure to diagram, explain, and diagnose supply functionality and interruptions
- Be responsible for completing pre-development technical configurations that enable access to systems and APIs, and post-development work to maintain and improve performance
- Translate technical considerations between engineers, product managers, customer support agents, and third-party suppliers
- Investigate, specify, and coordinate the implementation of supply enhancements
- Provide accessible subject matter expertise pertaining to fare types, fare rules, fare and schedule filing; shopping, booking, and ticketing procedures; and post-ticketing operations
- Resourcefully troubleshoot issues that arise from internal bugs and third-party changes and outages
- Be responsible for creating, documenting, and maintaining systems and processes fundamental to Hopper’s airline supply integrations
- Maintain a deep understanding of GDS systems, capabilities, and planned improvements to maximize Hopper’s value from each
- Work with team members and strategic partners distributed around the globe
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.