Operations and Systems Strategy Lead at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for an analytical, technical, and motivated team player to bring our company’s top strategic and operational objectives to life. You will transform business processes using technology and systems, acting as the interface between our various functional teams and our business systems team or vendors. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their challenges, help identify potential solutions, and translate business requirements into functional requirements leveraging critical thinking skills to support the most scalable approaches. You will manage the delivery of the solutions to ensure that they are executed with high quality, and that they drive meaningful improvement in customer and internal team experience and efficiency. You will be an expert on how data flows in our system, and be able to articulate solutions that are simple and accurate. Your work will be critical in helping Toast scale and grow as the leading player in restaurant technology.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support the design and implementation of business transformation efforts working with a group of cross-functional business stakeholders to understand their current state use cases, details, and process flows to clearly articulate internal operations
- Organize interview assets into functional categories to apply future state solutions and data transformation requirements and outlines
- Work with operational teams to create user stories based on functional interviews and solution blueprints for on time sprint planning and prioritization
- Provide point of view feedback on prioritization and criticality based on functional interviews and business understanding
- Creating testing scenarios for individual and grouped stories for testing. Including mechanisms for feedback and iterative enhancements.
- Work with and support enablement teams for on time and successful releases to the business
- Assist in identifying areas for improvement, analysis, and document for backlog or future enhancements
- Capture metrics to inform our KPI’s and validation for post live ROI analysis and gains
- Have a strategic mind for the areas of potential risk -- deftly coming up with forward looking ideas on how to prevent issues from arising.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3-5 years of Operations, Product management, Salesforce Administration, Salesforce Consulting, or other equivalent experience.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Jira, and lucidchart
- Demonstrated experience of solving complex problems using a data-driven approach
- Demonstrated experience in improving processes to drive efficiency
- Experience in managing projects from conception to delivery
- Strong working knowledge of the overlap between operations, systems, and external applications
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions, and team results.
- Critical thinking capabilities to see beyond the initial problem presented
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.