- Develop, implement, and manage multiple QDS training plans per provider specifics, specialty specifics, trainee ability, and other success-guiding factors.
- Evaluate and train according to OJT principles, rubrics, and processes.
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses of Quality Documentation Specialists and modify development plans accordingly.
- Work closely with Essentials Trainers as well as Operations.
- Implement training strategies as outlined by OJT Coordinator and Training Manager.
- Communicate effectively with HR, Compliance, and other departments about trainee issues.
- Track QDS progress and performance via a variety of tools and applications.
- Participate as stakeholders in various projects as experience is gained.
- Perform daily status check-ins with trainees to ensure highly effective communication.
- Develop and implement new strategies based on changes and growth within the company (e.g., draft notes).
- Keen ability to pinpoint strengths and growth areas in trainees coupled with the ability to target training to support those areas.
- Experience working in scribing OR transcription industry is a big plus. If trained within medical documentation industry (scribing/transcript/etc.) then a bigger plus.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience and familiarity with EHRs.
- Commitment to constantly improving knowledge and skills.
- Availability during normal business hours to provide feedback, solutions, and support to trainees.
- Ability to work well in a multifaceted team where cross-pollination and interaction is central.
- Willingness to engage in the development and growth of the wider team.
- Mastery of English with excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong internet connection in a private or secure location and the ability to participate in frequent video calls; must be comfortable working in screen shares to document and review live notes.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines and turnaround times.
- Ability to work set hours each day totaling 40 hours per week.
Years of Experience & Education: Would need to see at least 2 years of experience with one of the following:
- Medical documentation
- Related field
- Bachelor's strongly preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.