Office Operations Manager at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is seeking an Office Operations Manager to join our Boston team. We’re looking for someone who is experienced in maintaining an effective and efficient office working environment, genuinely enjoys working with diverse people, and is passionate about creating a welcoming and collaborative environment for both employees and visitors. This highly impactful role will be part of the Shared Services Organization, report directly to the VP Finance, and will work cross-functionally with IT, People Operations, Marketing, and others. This person will have the opportunity to join us on our mission to enable Klaviyos to thrive, to contribute to a uniquely special culture, and to make the company the place where the best-of-the-best come to work.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Manage day to day operations of our Boston office.
- Act as primary contact for landlord and property management. Handle building related needs and requirements. Act as primary escalation point for off-hours emergency response and support (power outages, HVAC, snow emergencies, etc.)
- Responsible for creating and maintaining office policies, procedures and safety standards (emergency evacuation plan, visitor registration, security, ADA/OSHA compliance, etc.)
- Manage all vendor and service provider relationships, including coordinating with existing providers and researching new solutions. Work closely with Procurement to ensure best pricing and service levels available.
- Help develop a return to office strategy. Monitor federal, state and local guidelines. Gather research and feedback from other companies, advisors, employees and leadership. Ensure the plan incorporates best practices and addresses stakeholder needs and concerns.
- Partner with the People Operations team to facilitate employee events, company meetings, lunch & learns, customer meet-ups, etc.
- Maintain the overall appearance, organization, and cleanliness of the office. Ensure workstations, conference rooms and public spaces are clean and presentable.
- Oversee inventory and supply management of office supplies, cleaning supplies, bathroom supplies, PPE, etc.
- Manage in-office food and beverage programs. Research solutions and pricing, while being mindful of budget, employee feedback, and allergy/dietary restrictions.
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of office coordinators, receptionists, and facilities coordinators.
- Project manage multi-phase office buildout. Attend weekly project meetings with contractors, designers, building management, and vendors. Monitor project timeline and cost.
- Monitor office utilization and coordinate with Talent Acquisition on new hire projections to ensure proper capacity planning and space optimization.
- Be an ambassador of company culture and values. Foster collaboration and creativity. Be approachable, reliable and energetic.
Who You Are
- 3-5+ years of office, facilities, or property management experience.
- Prior customer service or event management experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, follow through, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Comfortable owning projects and making decisions; takes initiative and works well independently as well as with others.
- Customer service oriented; outgoing and personable; polished approach with internal and external clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.