Office Manager at Veeva (Greater Boston Area, MA)
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:38 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, February 3, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Office Manager is responsible for maintaining Veeva’s Boston office to a very high standard of excellence. This role includes managing all day-to-day office processes, coordinating small projects, and maintaining the overall facility. This person must be detail-oriented, with strong customer service values, time management skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This role will report to the VP, Workplace & Facilities, and be a member of the Global Workplace Team.
This is an office-based position.
What You'll Do
- Execute daily office walkthroughs to ensure that the office is sparkling clean and fully stocked with the supplies employees need
- Work with the Global Workplace Team and contractors to ensure health & safety, including fire safety. Maintain a supply of first aid equipment
- Manage ordering of food/drinks and supplies, including vendor coordination (janitorial services, utility vendors, food suppliers, etc.) and associated budgets
- Ensure a welcoming reception experience for employees and visitors. Manage mail/shipping functions for the office. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a presence near reception
- Support new hire onboarding with desk set-up, office tours, and supplies. Set a positive tone for new hires
- Act as a point of contact for employee and visitor requests, comments, and concerns
- Manage office ticketing system and resolve requests or issues efficiently
- Execute preventative office maintenance and small projects, including budget management
- Maintain space plans and support managers as they coordinate personnel moves
- Coordinate all purchases of furniture, fixtures, and equipment for the office
- Work with property management to ensure maintenance is being performed and all issues are resolved
- Ensure the office is compliant with Veeva security standards, including managing the badging process in the office
- Manage and coordinate all logistical details for onsite events - meeting rooms, AV setup, food & beverage, and rentals
- Work with employees to develop regular gatherings and office events
- Plan and execute annual employee events, including a holiday party and summer event
- At least 3 years of Office or Facilities Management experience
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude. Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Budget management experience
- Strong project management skills, able to juggle multiple tasks with accuracy
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and general computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Nice to Have
- Experience with small office construction projects
- Understanding of Google applications
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]