Office Coordinator at Ellevation Education
A little bit about you:
- Your positive and friendly attitude creates a welcoming environment for employees and guests.
- You are a proactive self-starter who can anticipate and solve problems to get the job done.
- You are extremely organized and can balance multiple projects (and people!) at once.
- You are tech-savvy and use technology to simplify work and communication, while maintaining confidentiality.
- You enjoy proper grammar and can craft a clear and well-worded email and/or slide deck.
- You identify with our core values (Continuous Learning, Impact, Inclusion, Long-Term Vision, Partnership, and People) and are passionate about our mission of helping English Language Learners reach their highest aspirations.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Manage all snacks, coffee, kitchen, and office supplies. Be the point-person for all external vendors, office supply requests, and maintenance requests. Keep track of inventory within the established budget.
- Ensure conference room availability and readiness throughout the day. Provide assistance for last-minute meeting requests.
- Answer the main Ellevation phone and manage incoming mail and deliveries.
- Cleaning responsibilities are shared through the whole office, but you’ll be responsible for making sure we stay on track in keeping the kitchen and conference rooms clean, cleaning out the refrigerator regularly, and loading and emptying the dishwasher. Don’t be afraid to ask others for help.
- Manage Ellevation’s travel policy. Be the point person to optimize TripActions (travel management software) and assist the team with any questions/issues.
- Support employee groups such as the Office Committee, ECHO (Ellevations Commitment to Helping Others), and DELL (Ellevation’s employee-run Diversity Affinity group) with any supply or catering orders.
- Support our “green” office initiatives to go paperless as much as possible.
- Assist with any future potential office moves as we continue to grow our team.
- Make office improvements as needed and help execute a winning culture.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Jordan Meranus, CEO & Co-Founder on calendar management.
- Anticipate and simplify work. Occasionally assist in creating reports or decks.
- Schedule and ensure smooth execution of board meetings.
- Coordinate meetings and travel as needed.
- Complete monthly expense reports.
- Occasionally run work-related errands or pick up local lunch orders.
People Operations Responsibilities:
- Prepare for and greet office visitors.
- Assist with desk preparation for new hires and seat assignment plans.
- Administer employee ID badges.
- Work with IT to ensure all employees have proper equipment.
- Assist in the coordination of our semi-annual all-company offsites.
- Occasionally help coordinate interviews and book candidate travel.