Imagine if we could match patients with the treatments that prove the most effective for them . . .
GNS Healthcare applies a powerful form of AI called causal machine learning to predict which treatments and care management programs will work for which patients, improving individual patient outcomes and the health of populations, while reducing the total cost of care.
Headquartered in the biotechnology and health IT center of Cambridge, MA, our patented REFS™ technology is based on recent breakthroughs in causal machine learning and AI that transforms massive quantities of patient data into computer models of disease at molecular, patient, and health system levels. These computer models power up solutions, products, and services that health plans, biopharmaceutical companies, health systems, and patient foundations utilize to slow disease progression, reduce adverse events and hospitalization, and improve therapeutic effectiveness. Our platforms and solutions have been validated across more than 35 diseases including oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, autoimmune diseases, neurology, etc. and have appeared in over 40 peer-reviewed publications.
If you are a person who can think quickly on your feet and be two steps ahead of the game, then this position might be just your calling. We are looking for an operations-focused, service-oriented office professional to help ensure that our office runs smoothly at all times to support our highly-productive environment.
- Oversee general office management in keeping with best practices and policies as defined by GNS.
- At front desk answer incoming calls, greet visitors, administer security practices, and handle incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail.
- Coordinate the pickup and delivery of express mail services.
- Order office supplies and business cards, manage the office grocery vendor, and provide general administrative/operations support, as needed.
- Assist with coordinating meetings for internal and external attendees by booking conference rooms, ordering catering, setting up and breaking down food service, and ensuring that conference rooms are arranged as needed.
- Assist the administrative team with special projects, as needed.
- Assist the finance/accounting team, as needed, including forwarding all packing slips to them in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with cleaning services vendor to ensure that the office is kept clean and orderly.
- Act as tenant liaison to property management and manage all work orders.
- Maintain public areas for general neatness/cleanliness including conference rooms and common kitchen area; water plants.
- Maintain the general office supply room and areas. Stock and organize office supplies (copy paper, toner, and general office supplies).
- Ensure that the kitchen is stocked with supplies and food; order groceries online, as needed.
- Work with Human Resources team to understand workspace availability and coordinate any and all aspects of office reconfigurations and/or moves.
- Prepare workspaces for new employees by cleaning desks and stocking with basic supplies.
- Help organize and decorate for all office events (i.e., happy hours, celebrations, holiday parties, outings).
- When needed, assist with providing administrative support to management team including scheduling of meetings, calendar management, travel coordination, and document preparation.
- If skilled or interested, assist the finance team with processing accounts payable invoices and other light bookkeeping duties as needed.
- Degree preferred or equivalent experience in office management, and/or administrative experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in office management, preferably in a startup biotech/IT industry
- Attention to detail, ability to manage a variety of tasks; ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a reliable and dependable manner
- Excellent organization, problem solving, and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor with ability to support and promote a positive culture
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and discretion
- Ability to make sound decisions without direct supervision, when needed
- Maturity and the ability to follow instructions and to work independently
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with hands-on, can-do attitude and to develop good rapport at all levels of the company
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft office; Outlook for email and calendar management, basic Excel and intermediate Word skills required.
- Experience with light bookkeeping duties, QuickBooks experience a plus
Our philosophy at GNS is simple: we cannot transform healthcare with anything less than an all-star team. We are seeking smart, driven people who are experts in their field, have a track record of success and a passion for creating change. We believe that strong teams supercharge the performance of individuals, create a fun and dynamic workplace and great results for our clients and the people they serve.
We are passionate about our work and believe in the ability of our technology to change the world. Our core values of integrity, collaboration, value, diversity, and game-changing guide our behaviors with each other and our clients.
GNS offers competitive salaries, stock options, unlimited vacation, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), generous parental leave, tuition reimbursement, professional development, subsidized parking and gym membership, tasty food, volunteering opportunities, social gatherings, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GNS Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GNS Healthcare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.