Network Engineer II at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
As a Network Engineer II, you will be a critical part of the Network Engineering team within the Engineering organization. You will be assisting with initiatives that will help support and scale Toast’s networking services and product offerings to remain ahead of the explosive customer growth we are experiencing. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our internal and external customers as well as vendors to research and test product enhancements and troubleshoot product issues in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
We are looking for a passionate network engineer that can operate as a subject matter expert for the Toast networking domain, help execute Toast’s long-term networking strategy as a part of individual and group projects, and work closely with a world-class product management team to build out a highly scalable, high-performance networking platform.
About this roll*:
- Execute on technical user stories and feature requests provided by the Product Management team in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Research cutting edge networking hardware/technologies and tools to continue evolving our product and service offerings
- Monitor all customer deployed network devices and controllers using existing dashboards and monitoring tools
- Deploy hardware, software and firmware upgrades to network devices as needed
- Train internal enablement teams on the proper use of networking hardware and software as needed, and communicate upcoming changes to key internal stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Hand-on experience with configuration, design, provisioning, maintenance and troubleshooting of networks with nationwide deployments using the following technologies::
- Cisco/Meraki (Full Stack)
- Ubiquiti Unifi (Controller/Devices)
- Minimum one year experience working with network operating systems, network diagnostics, monitoring and analysis tools
- Experience with wireless networking fundamentals including site survey activities and high density planning/deployment/troubleshooting
- Respectful, empathetic, and humble
- Integrity to achieve results the right way
*Bread puns encouraged but not required