Mgr III Digital Trade & Planning
Browse the Aisles
This position is accountable for delivering a superior proposition for customers by developing commercial strategies that leverage trade spend dollars to areas that will maximize customer value. This role will oversee a team of associates focused on identifying the brand priorities and executing on those with strong plans that are tied into the overall commercial planning process. This role will align closely with price/promotion lead, marketing, replenishment as well as the brand merchandising leadership to ensure that the e-commercial planning process is executed seamlessly. In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring that the eCommerce Merchandising team has consistent reporting and analytics to support the overall team.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Clearly and consistently articulates the needs of the customer in each ADUSA brand in the area of trade spend optimization related to eCommerce. This requires building the fact set and determining those customer needs with a group of cross-ADUSA merchants and RBS Sourcing to ensure alignment.
- Works closely with the price/promotions lead, e-marketing, Peapod.com brand, RBS Sourcing and e-shelf lead to ensure appropriate levels of trade funds are being provided and reported based on performance provided.
- Works with local Peapod.com merchants and senior level CPG's to fund web-exclusive specials that sit on top of the weekly promotional strategy in place aimed at maximizing customer value. This requires a great deal of negotiation and persuasive abilities when working with senior leads from the top vendors.
- Leads the development of a common set of measures that are put in place for each of the ADUSA local brands to find ways to continuously learn and improve - science, tools, choices and process.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- At least 10 years of retail and e-commerce experience
- Experience managing a functional teams of at least 6 associates
- Strong experience and undestanding of consumer packaged goods, retail category management, as well as eCommerce best practices
- Strong finance acumen, with focus on top level analysis of plan outcomes
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with various teams/leads within PDL, RBS and ADUSA / brand leadership in order to effectively drive and execute business initiatives.
- Develop and nurture strategic vendor alliances required to identify synergies, promote mutual growth, maximize resources, ensure consumer focus and capitalize on market opportunities.
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.