The Mimecast Messaging Security Team are specialists with deep knowledge of the threats to e-mail traffic management. They utilize a network of honey pots that attract and aggregate both spam and malware in the wild! This, coupled with community provided intelligence, allows Mimecast to provide detection and protection mechanisms against spam and malware easily and effectively, to accommodate the rapidly evolving techniques used by malicious actors.
As such, we are looking for a senior, experienced individual, requiring knowledge of security best practice and products, as there will be interaction with customers reinforcing Mimecast’s multi-layered security proposition, to help keep them secure.
This role will work closely with team members and other Mimecast teams globally, to constantly improve our detection and ensure consistent levels of spam and malware protection.
- Email traffic analysis and malicious activity detection
- Report on latest threats and trends for internal and external communication
- Maintenance of Real-time Block Lists, Real-time Allow Lists, URI Block Lists
- Dealing with high priority case escalations
- SME for messaging security to the business
- Provide exceptional industry leading levels of support to all customers at all times
- Customer account reviews
- Assist the Engineering Teams with back-end support and enhancement requests of Mimecast security services to maintain high levels of detection and customer satisfaction
- Working knowledge of messaging (email traffic management) and routing
- Experience and a basic understanding of email security technologies
- Understanding of SMTP, POP3, TCP/IP, DNS, IMAP and SSL/TLS
- Articulating technical data to a non-technical audience
- A real sense of urgency to find practical solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding time management skills
- High level of acumen around customer satisfaction
- A passion for new technologies
- Experience working with spam and malware detection and blocking techniques
- Experience working at an ESP/ISP or in a SOC environment
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Unix, shell scripting, PHP, MySQL, networking
- Prior experience of working within SaaS environments would be an advantage
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to work closely with both office-based and remote team members, as well as customers
- Ability to recognise that customer satisfaction is a principle measure of our business and our values
- Expect to effect change and take ownership of your job
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, life cover, child care vouchers and an annual gym subsidization. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness.
We strive to attract exceptional people who have ‘’that extra something’’ and really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump on-board with us?