ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
ezCater menus are the beating heart of our marketplace. At the intersection of both sides of our platform, ezCater menus simultaneously guide our customers to place the perfect order and help our partners grow their catering businesses. Whether customers are looking for BBQ sandwiches for their team building seminar, vegan Korean noodles for their department outing, or a festive holiday meal for their office party, our carefully curated menus provide both the attention to detail and the streamlined experience that lead customers to say, time and time again, that we really do make their lives easier.
Our Menu Team is a group of tech-obsessed foodies who move fast & also know how to beautifully define kimchi & tahini on the fly. We’re driven & dedicated to bringing ezCater menus to the next level of excellence (and also love a good debate about the spiciest hot sauce while we’re doing it).
Menu Quality Specialists are on the frontlines of quality control for each and every menu on the ezCater platform. Our quality specialists review & improve newly created menus & menu updates to ensure that all of our menus balance ezCater’s standards & style with our catering partners’ brands -- all while keeping both accuracy and functionality for our customers top of mind. They keep a pulse on the team’s quality by training new hires on best practices and keeping veteran team members up-to-speed on new processes as style and regulatory standards evolved.
As a Menu Quality Specialist, you’d be responsible for:
- Reviewing & editing ezCater menus for quality & accuracy as they go live on the platform
- Revising & maintaining the quality of our existing menus
- Gathering data and trends to track progress, give feedback, and drive team & individual development
- Training both new and veteran teammates on best practices, new processes, and quality improvements
- Owning process enhancements to propel success for our catering partners and efficiency for the team
What you should bring to the table:
- Dedication to the finer details. You’ll be reviewing and correcting menus on multiple platforms and in a variety of formats
- Devotion to upholding our high quality standards while meeting team & individual deadlines
- Experience with editing content. You’ll be examining the fine details to ensure that each menu is customer-ready
- A passion for learning. We created our database of style & standards ourselves, and we’ll expect you to jump in, become an expert, and help us make it better
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll be providing both verbal and written feedback to peers and our team will count on you to explain processes clearly & coherently
- Growth mindset! A passion for innovation and constantly trying new things - and the curiosity and metrics-driven attitude to track everything you do
Starting Salary Range: $42,750-47,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.