Marketplace Business Developer Manager at Mirakl
Last year, online marketplaces grew at more than twice the rate of digital commerce overall. Why? Because online marketplaces offer customers a better experience, and a deeper and wider assortment by bringing together third-party sellers through a single site.
Mirakl’s mission is simple. We help our clients seize this opportunity by providing the unrivalled expertise, technology, and partner ecosystem that B2B and B2C organizations need to launch and grow their own online marketplaces. Mirakl’s latest $300M fundraising values Mirakl at $1.5B, and places it among the most dynamic players in eCommerce, globally. With this funding, Mirakl will hire 1,000 passionate new Mirakl workers over the next 3 years.
As Mirakl continues to grow, we’re committed to staying true to our core values: get things done, go above & beyond, succeed through expertise, work hard together, and satisfy & empower clients.
Who is Mirakl:
- The industry’s first and most advanced enterprise marketplace SaaS platform, at the heart of digital transformation, for the world's most forward-thinking organizations
- A hypergrowth company with a global presence, and 500+ employees in 12 countries with offices in Paris, Boston, London, Munich, Barcelona, Stockholm, Bordeaux, Sydney and São Paulo
- Enabling over 300 of the world’s leading companies including ABB, Astore by AccorHotels, Best Buy Canada, Carrefour, Catch Group, Changi Airport, Darty, The Kroger Co., Leroy Merlin, Maisons Du Monde, Metro, and Toyota Material Handling with the speed, scale and agility to win in the changing eCommerce landscape.
To support this rapid adoption of the marketplace model, and take an active part in our growth, Mirakl is looking for a Marketplace Business Developer Manager based in our Boston office.
He/she will support our most strategic clients helping them launch and operate their Marketplace, playing a key role in our customers' growth.
What you will do at Mirakl:
Business Development & Commercial Endeavors :
- Drives strategic negotiations with complex vendors or partners
- Leads by example: leads the team with courage and strong ownership to deliver goals
- Sets ambitious targets for oneself and for one’s team to satisfy clients’ needs and meet sellers’ targets
- Manages, trains and recruits a large team of Business Developers and is accountable for their results and growth
Business Operations :
- Is a go to expert on cross-functional projects to improve processes and better drive the business
- Identifies growth opportunities to improve the product for sellers and clients and coordinates one’s team to drive those changes
- Is a strong Mirakl platform advocate
- Has high expectations of one’s team when it comes to sellers’ analysis and recommendations, does not compromise on the quality of work
- Makes sure teamwork is delivered on time and at the right level of expectations
Client Impact :
- Leads monthly reporting meeting
- Has a good holistic view of one’s team clients’ portfolio without focusing too much on details
- Is seen as a trusted go to expert by one’s team when facing issues with a client
- Prioritizes team work to maximize impact
- Demonstrates high influencing skills towards key stakeholders internally and externally
- Leads new initiatives/projects internally to gain in credibility and increase impact on clients’ engagements
Internal Impact :
- Anticipates what is at stake in key seller meetings and ensure one’s team is well prepared to address those challenges
- Has a clear vision of sellers’ needs and expectations
- Rolls out a clear sellers’ strategy well shared within one’s team
- Brings a strong vision for its scope (area, industry, use cases..)
- Coaches / empowers team to identify processes that scale and ensures results drive improvement across the organization and the locales
- Delivers the right inputs and outputs to build the targets and to break them down at individual level
- Beyond mastering commercial best-practices, the Marketplace Business Developer Manager will master Mirakl platform and ensure best use of its functionalities.
- In order to make each Client Support a success, the Marketplace Business Developer Manager will have to rapidly understand and adapt to the client organization.
What Mirakl is looking for in a Candidate:
- Graduated a master’s degree in Business, Marketing or Finance
- Has 9+ years’ experience in Marketplace Business Development, Sales or Account Management
- Has an experience in management
- Has strong communication and presentation skills
- Is a highly business-driven individual who thrives in fast-paced dynamic environment