Manager, Telecomm/Voice Engineering(remote virtual home office eligible)
The Manager, Telecomm/Voice Engineering is responsible for designing and implementing all or part of the organization's complex telecommunications infrastructure in line with pre-identified business needs and requirements. The Manager, Telecomm/Voice Engineering works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Manager, Telecomm/Voice Engineering may support of one or more of the following: the PBX infrastructure, Voice over IP, IVR, voicemail services, call routing technologies, Audio/Video conferencing, WebEx, and related telephony services. The complex infrastructure may include multiple technologies from multiple vendors, such as CISCO Unified Communications or Nortel/Avaya configurations, and others. This position employs recognized best practices to minimize unplanned service outages and maintain facility availability. This position may coordinate with other IT functional areas on systems upgrades or modifications, to minimize disruptions. This position troubleshoots more complex problems that have escalated within the telecommunications function. This position may lead teams of telecommunications professionals involved in the design of complex configurations or in the evaluation and administration of the telecommunications system. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field OR equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Previous experience managing technology teams
- 6 or more years of telecommunications/voice technical experience
- 2 or more years of management experience
- Experience designing and implementing complex telecommunications infrastructure
- Experience troubleshooting escalated complex telecommunications problems
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Running a large complex Telecommunications environment Information systems and/or telecommunications certification
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Microsoft certification