Manager, Systems Innovation at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Systems Innovation is an interdisciplinary team dedicated to the creation of systems that drive radical change in farming, data, technology, and biology.
The Manager will lead core initiatives on the Innovation Team to discover, value, communicate, and operationalize systems of technologies and data that enable Indigo to bring the future of agriculture into the present.
- Lead high-impact initiatives to incorporate cutting-edge ag technologies into Indigo’s businesses by crafting strategy, managing internal and external relationships, and leading meetings
- Create frameworks for finding, valuing, and operationalizing new technologies that enable Indigo’s business model
- Create visually compelling slides in PowerPoint to communicate core findings across Indigo and to outside stakeholders
- Partner with Systems Innovation leadership to craft team strategy that supports Indigo’s objectives and Innovation Team mission
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Outstanding communication skills
- Respond promptly and clearly via email
- Conduct phone interviews
- Deliver presentations, with and without PowerPoint, to all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Seeks first to understand, then to be understood
- Highly adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the organization
- Ability to hold and understand several complex ideas simultaneously across cross functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an insatiable interest in cutting-edge technologies who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Ability and willingness to lead
- Highly organized
- Schedule calls and meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Use collaboration tools effectively (email, text, slack, Confluence) to coordinate work across teams
- Demonstrate grower empathy in interactions with all stakeholders (E.g., growers, to Systems Innovation Leadership, to internal collaborators, companies, and KOLs)
- Willingness to travel at least 1 time per quarter to the field to learn about, deploy, and maintain technologies
- Completes necessary tasks, even menial ones, with joy
- Undergrad degree in business, math, engineering, science, or related field with 3.5+ GPA
- 5-7 years of work experience, ideally in strategy, product management, or highly complex and creative environments
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.