Manager, Strategy & Special Projects at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
GeoInnovation is the division of Indigo building Atlas, a living map of the world’s food Supply, which enables better planning and risk mitigation for participants along the food value chain. Indigo’s Atlas technology platform combines satellite imagery with machine learning to provide real-time and historical data to create yield forecasts as well as data streams of agricultural production.
In the role of Atlas Strategy and Special Project Manager, you will help the GeoInnovation team sharpen the value proposition for Atlas Enterprise, a software application providing decision makers along the agricultural value chain with supply-side insights that enable them to make better decisions. Additionally, you will support the Head of GeoInnovation in managing priority projects and carrying out analysis that drive initiatives to maximize the internal and external business impact of Indigo’s GeoInnovation function. This includes building and managing a pipeline of new business opportunities as well as supervising business development processes.
- Partner with GeoInnovation leadership to deliver team strategy that supports Indigo’s objectives and mission
- Master technical elements of GeoInnovation and Atlas capabilities in order to be able to compellingly articulate them to customers
- Deliver Atlas product demos both internally and externally to potential users
- Develop strategic plan for Atlas with clear prioritization, having managed a process for other GeoInnovation members to contribute
- Actively support user adoption of Atlas and enablement by developing user documentation; provide feedback to Product management team to refine product requirements
- Partner with Geo Product to help establish clear goals for features, and shepherd adoption
- Perform analyses to support strategy, particularly linking geo-capabilities to commercial applications
- Interview prospective Atlas Enterprise customers to understand their needs in order to achieve better product market fit
- Create visually compelling slides in PowerPoint to communicate business value of our technology to customers and other functions in Indigo
- Undertake priority projects including the preparation of PowerPoint presentations for critical meetings
- Strategic thinker who is able to conceptualize and articulate business opportunities
- Good listener and able to connect with customers, understand their needs and provide actionable feedback to software development team
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work across multiple business functions
- Ability to develop models in Excel
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Highly adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the organization, with a demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure
- Highly organized individual who works well with internal and external stakeholders, as well as uses collaboration tools to communicate across teams.
- Demonstrates empathy with all stakeholders (E.g., growers, to Leadership, to internal collaborators, & other companies)
- Understands and embodies Indigo’s purpose and core values
- BA/ BS and either MBA or demonstrated business acumen
- 3-6 years relevant work experience with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated experience working effectively across multiple industries or geospatial
- Experience with deals that are driven in part via technical sales
- Experience working in a matrix sales environment
- Technical or consulting background preferred
- Ag and food background and/or experience with GIS / Geospatial technology preferred
- Excited to be in an entrepreneurial environment and has a business builder mindset
- Willingness to travel, including internationally, as needed
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.