Manager of SOX Compliance at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for a Manager of SOX Compliance that understands that it is really a matter of good business strategy to adopt SOX principles to strengthen the internal control environment. Will lead all aspects of the Company’s SOX compliance, reporting directly to the Corporate Controller and working closely with other cross-functional groups such as revenue, accounts payable, treasury, and tax. The right candidate will lead a robust internal controls program and assist in the implementation of internal controls for newly acquired companies and processes. The ideal candidate will also have extensive Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience and a proven record of working within a high-growth organization and influencing and educating senior leaders on the concepts of internal controls.What You’ll Do:
- Own the internal controls' function within the organization
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls for newly acquired companies, system updates, and process changes.
- Coordinate and lead day-to-day SOX compliance activities including planning, control monitoring, control testing, evaluation of deficiencies, and development of remediation plans.
- Coordinate and perform planning activities such as materiality assessments, scoping assessments, risk assessments, and walkthroughs.
- Provide mentorship and training to control owners on internal control compliance matters and requirements and ensure all controls are detailed appropriately.
- Perform and review key report testing to ensure reports used in controls are complete and accurate.
- Review and analyze attestations reports (SSAE18) for service providers
- Partner with internal and external audit firms on testing of controls.
- Evaluate deficiencies and develop and coordinate remediation activities with partners, including control owners, relevant management, and the external auditor.
- Prepare reports and presentations on SOX prioritization, test status, and observations for executive management and Audit Committee.
- Provide standard methodologies for local and foreign subsidiaries
- Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, COSO) and be abreast of emerging trends and standard methodologies around internal controls.
- Support the external audit processes, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit
- Driven and motivated great teammate ready to join a fast-paced exciting Company and robust team
- 6+ years of total accounting experience
- 3+ years of Big 4 public accounting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CIA, CPA, CISA, or other relevant professional certification highly desired
- A deep understanding of GAAP, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules and experience in the use of auditing and assessment frameworks and the application of professional standards
- Experience partnering with IT SOX counterparts and overall understanding of IT SOX controls and implications on financial reporting
- Proven experience leading SOX, internal audits, and remediation plans
- Strong team leader with a demonstrated ability to execute on public company timelines
- Eager to learn, challenge norms, and identify process improvements through automation
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.